A relic day. A odd one turned up.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys, The wife came home from work early today so I knew I would go out for awhile. Me and my son went back to my old Favorite park. It's hit good but I'm trying to just keep hitting it year after year till there isn't a target left. No coins other than one quarter and a 46 nickle. We were only out for a couple hrs with the heat near a 100.

I got a solid hit under a large tree after about five minutes of hunting. I found the small buckle you see in the picture. I then got another silver dollar reading about 6 inches away at the base of the tree almost. I dug down about 10 to 12 inches and out popped this heavy square. I thought it was a huge lock without the top part. I came home and toothbrushed it off. It looked like something was on it. I scanned it and seen the image better. It looks like a dragon on it. I guess it is a paper weight. It is really heavy. It may even be home made carved out of lead.

Let me know what you all think. Other than that it was slow for coins but I expect that. It still gives up it's coins when it wants to.

Good luck Jer

Attachments

• A relic Day.jpg
    A relic Day.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 923
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help guys. I am not certain about the hammer marks but it looks just like a hammer was hit in the middle. By the size and crease it left a perfect hammer mark. Maybe it is there to add depth to the design. If you look closely you can see a upside down cane. Looks like a candy can sticking out of some type of bag on his back. Look to the right of his head and you will see it.

It is a interesting piece. Everyone's ideas have been really good on this one. You just never know what your gonna dig up. Everything has got a story behind it. From the depth of this thing it appears to have been buried. But as heavy as this thing is it could have sank down a ft probably.

Thanks again all HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back