A question about shaft improvement

Pete Anderson's , replied, "The first shafts to be released will be one piece, 36” long".....I think you will need to use your own lower...it might compress smaller than stock the lower will stop at the register pin in the controller handle...I'm thinking 42" end of shaft to centre of coil shoe...5" shorter than stock ....if the stock lower used. could cut some of the unused length
off the lower to make shorter ...I'd need to pull the lower to see how much I could play with...

shorter is nice but a travel shaft would be better... for me.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what is the lowest section of rod made out of? Also, does the rod on everyone else's Equinox have high and low rings running down the length of the rod?

P-lastic ribbed but not Lubricated. no cf on the stock equinox.

Last edited:
20180508_214649.jpg
These are the rings I mentioned.

After swing the AT with the 13" NEL anything would be a relief. I'll swing it 3 to 4 hrs.and I'm whooped unless I'm finding stuff. Seriously looking at the XP.

I hurt just thinking about that configuration.

it appears to be carbon. I've made shafts similar to this from scratch using the same method.

nope...no carbon in or on the stock shaft...it may look like a duct, walk like a duct and quack like a duck but it is not carbon fiber.

for those who have never worked with carbon fiber...carbon fiber is conductive. take your voltmeter use in continuity mode and try it....if you know it is carbon fiber just remember
it will most likely be covered in varnish, unless its raw, to keep your hands from turning black. just push the probes through the varnish and listen to the voltmeter. it will show continuity ....do the same test with the lower shaft on the equinox.

Last edited:
View attachment 1588036
These are the rings I mentioned.

my guess is the rings were added to reduce slippage.A bare (smooth) shaft would not interact with the designers clamp choice...a lot of heavy users were complaining of wobble.

excerpt from equinox manual:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 8.52.24 AM.png

Great example of why being first to have a product is not the always the best.

my guess is the rings were added to reduce slippage.A bare (smooth) shaft would not interact with the designers clamp choice...a lot of heavy users were complaining of wobble.

excerpt from equinox manual:

Great example of why being first to have a product is not the always the best.

Fuceye, you are absolutely correct, my daughter warns me about getting the newest version of any cell phone or computer software.

Fuceye, you are absolutely correct, my daughter warns me about getting the newest version of any cell phone or computer software.

I don't mind software changes to much...the next version of software is an easy fix...hardware and wetware....not so much....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back