a mysterious old book

Alawneh sayf

Jan 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello guys i found a very old burried book made of metal i dont know what is this book or what its talking about but am sure its written in hebrew language because of the candlestick on the cover page
can any body help me about this book also what its price

12665770_950436178373207_682662573_n.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Wow. That is some interesting reading. I surmise from those and a few other articles on the internet that the experts now believe all of the books are fakes.

The OP never says where his was found. I wonder if it is from Jordan? If not, getting it to proper authorities might put a whole new spin on this story.

As good as the "What is it" gurus are, we are clearly out of our league on this relic.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
There is a Alawneh sayf on Facebook from Jordan. I have no idea if there is a connection or not.
Just saying,
Breezie
[h=1][/h]

Upvote 0
Cough cough. My first thought when I saw those pictures:

Just FYI, OP downloaded those pictures from Facebook. How do I know? Well, first, he forgot to change the filename of the first picture from the name Facebook automatically gives it -- the rest are 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg. But that doesn't mean they didn't come from facebook, because they did. Taking a look at the exif meta data shows these have been converted using facebook file upload technology (has the tags "FB" and "FBDM", etc). I'm not calling him a liar, to be clear, but just want you to think about what that implies.

Regardless, given that these have so much in common with the widely considered fraud "Jordan Codices" (subject matter, language, imagery, same rectangular binding rings, etc), and OP's name is Jordanian, I'm going to assume that these are not authentic.

BUT, for those of you who want to own your very own.. Good news, I can get you one by 3 'o clock this afternoon. Just go to one of the Arabic language for-sale sites and you'll find any number of copper/lead books. Here are just a few pictures of FOR SALE copper/lead books on craigslist equivalents alongside entertainment centers and chairs.

كتاب_يهودي_صفحا&#1.jpgIs0yVeUKhRiSfo.jpgGwzAr8p7epvG72.jpgLTlCeO6GVhsij9.jpgكتب_عبرية_قديمة_&#.jpgالسلام_عليكم_كت&#1.jpgكتب_عبرية_قديمة_&#.jpgكتاب_يهودي_صفحا&#1.jpgكتاب_يهودي_صفحا&#1.jpgكتاب_يهودي_صفحا&#1.jpgكتاب_يهودي_صفحا&#1.jpgP2200010.JPG

This random dude has 3 of his own:

Any number of these could be authentic, but they all look an awful lot like they were produced by the same person.. you decide for yourself.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back