Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my walks anyway. Still, not a lot but always an interestingly, nice walk.

IMG_20240625_205138.jpg
IMG_20240625_205148.jpg
IMG_20240625_205210.jpg

And a little "Special 'K'" to go with....
Marked 10kt. A really nice way to end a walk!

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 19
The bail looks intact on the K pendant. Did you look for the chain?
Nice find!
I always do an in depth examination when finding such. But, on items this small? It's very likely that it was teensy, tiny chain and most probably it broke and pulled out. The detector had quite a bit of trouble even "seeing" this bling! 😳 Let alone finding a tiny chain. 😏

It was also pretty difficult for me to even see the markings. They were engraved on that tiny ball! 😁

Thanks!

I agree on those tiny chains, but when I find a bail intact I assume the chain broke. I will use a pinpointer to sniff around the spot sticking it in the hole and moving it around and even running it on its side over the area.
I haven't had much luck either, but wanted to hear your thoughts as you obviously get out and find some nice keepers.
LUCK next time out and thanks for the reply.

I agree on those tiny chains, but when I find a bail intact I assume the chain broke. I will use a pinpointer to sniff around the spot sticking it in the hole and moving it around and even running it on its side over the area.
I haven't had much luck either, but wanted to hear your thoughts as you obviously get out and find some nice keepers.
LUCK next time out and thanks for the reply.
Yep, I do all that too. I also do some concentric circles in the area of a find in the hopes that more was lost on the way to that spot. 😇

Trouble with using the pinpointer too much? No discrimination. That can lead to a lot of wasted effort. Going from one nail to another. 😏

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back