🔎 UNIDENTIFIED A heartfelt thank-you message from TheCannonballGuy for the What-Is-It? forum's ID-helpers

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back on May 20th, I posted the following Thank-You message as a reply in the restored-to-life 2016 thread titled "V for Victory But What Does This Pin Represent?" Note, that thread had remained unsolved for about 8 years, with no posts in it since 2016. Then in March 2024, RedCoat continued his hobby of (as he put it) "tidying up some blasts from the past" with solutions of old mysteries. In my reply to his solving of the V-for-Victory badge, I said I should make a copy of my reply and post it as a stand-alone (a.k.a. New) thread, so that this forum's ID-helpers will know I am still watching and appreciating the work they are doing. (Plus a few more thoughts.) So, here is a copy of my entire reply.

--------------------------------------------------

VHS07 said:
> As soon as I saw the date [of the original identification-request thread and the date of RedCoat's reply], I said "Red-Coat solved another one."

That's pretty close to what I said. :)

As some of you know, I've been darn-near incapacitated during the past several years by a mysterious, extremely painful "Medical malady." But I can still read the What-Is-It? forum. It helps distract me from the pain... and I do love continuing to learn from the wonderful "ID-helpers" here.

So, I should make a copy of this reply and post it as a stand-alone message, so that our ID-helpers will know that I appreciate the work they are doing. They are filling in for me quite well as I am mostly out-of-service.

In particular... thank you RedCoat for these "Tidying up some blasts from the past" solutions of old mysteries... and to you VHS07, and others who deserve to be applauded.

With lasting gratitude,
Observer2019

Last edited:
I always look forward to the "Tidying up some blasts from the past" RC posts.

Some have been unsolved for years, and then out of nowhere there RC is solving another one.

Just like I look forward to CBGs posts on Civil War era munitions and other items of the period. I learn something new everyday from yall and others on this forum.

Upvote 7
CBG,
You have been a great help to me and ID’s here on Tnet. I wish you all the best.
Red-Coat is also amazing.
Thanks to both of you for all of your help.
It’s rare when I can beat anyone to an ID on something posted. 🤪
MM

Upvote 9
CBG, great post, you have always been a great help to so many members here over the years.

I think this thread deserves recognition of all who help so I'm sticking thread to top of "What Is It" forum.

Upvote 8
Back on May 20th, I posted the following message as a reply in the restored-to-life 2016 thread titled "V for Victory But What Does This Pin Represent?" Note, that thread had remained unsolved for about 8 years, with no posts in it since 2016. Then in March 2024, RedCoat continued his hobby of (as he put it) "tidying up some blasts from the past" with solutions of old mysteries. In my reply to his solving of the V-for-Victory badge, I said I should make a copy of my reply and post it as a stand-alone (a.k.a. New) thread, so that this forum's ID-helpers will know I am still watching and appreciating the work they are doing. (Plus a few more thoughts.) So, here is a copy of my entire reply.

--------------------------------------------------

VHS07 said:
> As soon as I saw the date [of the original identification-request thread and the date of RedCoat's reply], I said "Red-Coat solved another one."

That's pretty close to what I said. :)

As some of you know, I've been darn-near incapacitated during the past several years by a mysterious, extremely painful "Medical malady." But I can still read the What-Is-It? forum. It helps distract me from the pain... and I do love continuing to learn from the wonderful "ID-helpers" here.

So, I should make a copy of this reply and post it as a stand-alone message, so that our ID-helpers will know that I appreciate the work they are doing. They are filling in for me quite well as I am mostly out-of-service.

In particular... thank you RedCoat for these "Tidying up some blasts from the past" solutions of old mysteries... and to you VHS07, and others who deserve to be applauded.

With lasting gratitude,
Observer2019
Thanks to you both for sharing you knowledge and all the id help.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back