Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a whole lot of targets left at this spot, but enough for a little fun.
Got a 1944-s cent,
a Sears Ted Williams 12g head stamp,
a key,
an aluminum Four Roses whiskey label,
a GE cap from something,
a lead soldier,
and a 14k gold plated ring
IMG_6591.jpg
IMG_6592.jpg

Had high hopes for the ring when it was dirty but could quickly tell it was a dud as soon as I started cleaning it off.
IMG_6590.JPG.jpeg

Oh well, still had a good time!

Upvote 24
Is that GE cap threaded? Their fridges with the compressors on top came with glass water bottles made by Hemingray ( they also made glass insulators, oil lamps) and also Owens Illinois when they acquired Hemingray in 1933. The Owen's bottles have that oi diamond mark on base. The bottle caps for the fridge bottles were aluminum and had GE on top. I have 2 of the bottles. One has original cap.

Attachments

• 20240224_163607.jpg
    20240224_163607.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240224_163602.jpg
    20240224_163602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Got a 1944-s cent,
a key,
a GE cap from something,
a lead soldier,
View attachment 2133266View attachment 2133267

Had high hopes for the ring when it was dirty but could quickly tell it was a dud as soon as I started cleaning it off.
View attachment 2133268

Good mix of finds! There's always something left!

Is that GE cap threaded? Their fridges with the compressors on top came with glass water bottles made by Hemingray ( they also made glass insulators, oil lamps) and also Owens Illinois when they acquired Hemingray in 1933. The Owen's bottles have that oi diamond mark on base. The bottle caps for the fridge bottles were aluminum and had GE on top. I have 2 of the bottles. One has original cap.
Those are cool!

Actually I like the ring, even if it's only plated and with a faux stone it's still a pretty thing. I've yet to turn up a ring of any sort so I see stuff like that and get a little green. Nice haul!

It's smooth with no threads, and made of brass.

Got a 1944-s cent,
a key,
a GE cap from something,
a lead soldier,
View attachment 2133266View attachment 2133267

View attachment 2133268

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Nice finds! It looks like the hunt was worth it. I would be to me. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back