A face on a rock!

Genaya

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2018
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey yall! I know I havent posted yet, my phone is being difficult to say the least. I found something outside of my house that is intriguing. It may be just a rock with some normal wear and tear, but my little boy thinks we have found zillions of dollars in treasure. :-) so I figured I would ask yall to see what you think! Regardless, it's a priceless piece to me because this is a hobby my son and I share and it's the little moments that make such a beautiful memory! Thanks for any insight on this crazy looking rock!

Also, notice the distance between the dots. I put my calipers on them and they r exactly the same distant apart from each other.

Attachments

• 20181208_082638.jpg
    20181208_082638.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20181208_082655.jpg
    20181208_082655.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 86
Pareidolia, but if you and your kid are having a good time, that's all that matters

Upvote 0
So what about the tiny holes that are so perfectly spread apart? There are some smaller holes exactly the same distance apart all around it I dont know why my phone posted them sideways like that. The first picture actually has a face on it. With a round head and a mouth and what looks like plugs in his ears. Thank yall for replying, it may not be treasure to others, but it is priceless to me. :-)

Upvote 0
No criticism intended there are so many rocks posted like yours. I think rocks since there are so many and mother nature has made a rock to resemble almost anything you can imagine, we see many of them It is very wise to ask you can also post in the rock and gem forum if you want more opinions. It is a cool looking rock. Tommy

Upvote 0
Because you found it with your son, it ts indeed, a priceless treasure. I have a jar full of nails and other valuables found while out detecting with my grand-daughters. While I couldn’t get a dime for the whole lot, I wouldn’t take a million for them. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Let him start to collect all the rocks he finds interesting and maybe follow up with some books for Christmas, great way to get a young mind started on a life long hobby or career

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back