cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not found together or anywhere near each other. The first item was found in a campground and appears to me to be fire fighting related. They're the only ones I know of that use 5 sided bolts, but, ?? The bolt is non-magnetic stainless steel and the housing it's in is some sort of aluminum/magnesium/pot metal alloy. It's not broken off that I can tell. There are numbers on the octagon shaped end "P 35?" and "304 C" is on the head of the bolt. Something ferrous was probably under the head of the bolt at one time. The rusty remnants are still clinging there. The second item was found in a field with LOTS of history, although, I don't think this is particularly old. There again, it's made of some sort of aluminum or pot metal. Looks like it was cast in a 2 piece mould as there are seams on the sides that line up with the centerline of the hole. The hole is not threaded (or ever was that I can tell. The whole thing is slightly tapered and looks like it was a wedge fit into something at one time.

Attachments

• 100_1753.jpg
    100_1753.jpg
    930.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_1754.jpg
    100_1754.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1755.jpg
    100_1755.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_1756.jpg
    100_1756.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_1757.jpg
    100_1757.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 89
The one does look like a valve of some kind nice relics

Upvote 0
I've seen these before and I think the first 3 pics show a leveler that I think had something to do with Iron porch railing. The lumber store kind. I don't remember the five sided bolt, but the 304C is the designation for the stainless alloy it's made of. 304C is just barely considered stainless because it still contains a significant amount of iron and is generally attracted to a magnet. It's usually used indoors or in a application that's covered outside. The lower photo on the left looks like a concrete anchor. Not sure about the right.

Upvote 0
A leveling device is certainly possible, but, I would think it would have a round headed bolt instead of a 5 sided one. How would you get a wrench on it to turn it once it was in place? I guess you'd have to turn the housing? :dontknow:

Upvote 0
I have adjusted some stoves that had levelers like that with same type of bolt heads and the other item looks like a cable lock seal.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back