Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you didn't know... gold marked 585 is 58.5% gold, or 14k ! I've gotten a few items this year marked 585, and I thought they were trash πŸ§πŸ˜³πŸ’© but, it turns out there good stuff and the same as 14k !! Wood hooo !!
20240610_173749.jpg

Here's a good explanation of the mark and how it's used....now I've got to round up all the 585 I threw in the costume jewelry jar !!πŸ€‘

Upvote 26
Thank you bill....I haven't posted much this summer but the Bahamas, and especially at Atlantis resort was sensational. Silver gold and platinum were good for the short time I was thereView attachment 2153995
Outstanding
Congratulations on your successful visit

Is the frog bracelet marked/tested?
Either it says 14k, or 11k...which I've never seen before?
20240612_182237.jpg

It's a real nice find ... eyeballed on top of the reef at Atlantis resort within 1 minute of entering the water at the "cove". Glow in the dark enamel over gold with garnet (I think) eyes !!

Last edited:
I THINK IT SAYS 41-K ! ! !

Woo Hoooo !

Almost Double pure ! ! !

:P
Been slacking on my weights...need new Batts for scale. Spent 2 days at Atlantis resort on the way over to long Island Bahamas. Got some silver in the dry sand. Then 3 weeks later spent 2 days in the water at Atlantis resort, and it was mind blowing 🀯....first day in the water was OK, Second day I found the "ZONE" and it was crazy...old stuff too...ships spikes,and other old shipwreck stuff mixed with fresh drops. Tons of other costume jewelry and coins, and trash !! Awsome reef with all sorts of fish, shells, and rocky trenches and caves !!

Either it says 14k, or 11k...which I've never seen before?View attachment 2154045
It's a real nice find ... eyeballed on top of the reef at Atlantis resort within 1 minute of entering the water at the "cove". Glow in the dark enamel over gold with garnet (I think) eyes !!
Nice one. Congrats
See something similar online for $1750.00

Thanks for that tip buddy, we are going to head on over :occasion14:
  • No metal detecting is not allowed in the Bahamas. It is an offense punishable by 7 years in jail and the lost of your passport.
Did you find ALL that by eyeball ?? 😳

• No metal detecting is not allowed in the Bahamas. It is an offense punishable by 7 years in jail and the lost of your passport.
No just the big frog bracelet....it was shining in the sun on top of the reef in 4 foot of water. I hadn't been in the water for even a minute before I saw it. The rest was in the shallows with the detector where the sand stops, and the rock begins....I did eyball some coins, and junk jewelry too. That's the good stuff from 4 long days....1 on land in the dry sand, and 3 more in the water. For the people who don't know, water hunting at Atlantis resort in the Bahamas is one of the best spots to water hunt in all the islands !!

That info is wrong

Just like Florida there are does and don't, and hunting historic sites and shipwrecks is off limits....hunting beaches from low to high tide and certain water areas is fine and many do !! I personally have never been questioned, but others have had problems....but lots of people detect the Bahamas....I only speak for myself.

Thread 'Bahamian pirate gold' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/bahamian-pirate-gold.655615/

Just sayin .... I also have 30+ years in the game, most of them in the keys, Bahamas, and carribean.
20240612_181804.jpg

I backed off posting this kind of stuff here on t-net , because of this constant confusion, this is 4 days worth of hunting (none of the costume jewelry or coins and trash)....it's not as easy as it looks, and there are many things to understand on top of the laws....surge, waves, hunting reef and rock, snorkel hunting, vs sand hunting, where the zone is that recoveries can be made vs unrecoverable areas etc etc etc. If it feels risky, and you think your gonna break law don't go !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back