5/12/05 old church Finds!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Founds these 2 under what used to be the steps of an old wooden church!!

They're doing a complete remodel to the exterior of the church (built in 1854)! They've got 1/2 the yard torn up, and both sets of steps torn off, etc.

Got permission to hunt while they're doing the work, and after hrs. until the job is complete, and until the new sod is installed!

These were approx. 8 or 9 inches deep. (Seated dime, and Shield nickel)!

I'm going back in about 2 hrs after all the workers are gone for the day to see what else I can find!

I did find some clad but threw it in the change jar, and also some broken iron objects, what its, etc. w/o taking a pic (not important anyway)!

Will report back with any & all new/good finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• opopop.jpg
    opopop.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
McNickle said:
I would be so excited ,I probably couldn't think of much else for weeks...........It's thes kinds of finds that you could come back 10 years from now and point to the excact spot where you found them....Am I right ? Congrats.......Very well done I am happy 4 you.

Exactly!

I'm so excited about going back tomorrow that I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Free2Dtect said:
Night hunt it!

I would (but) the little lady would get mad because I spent 1/2 the day out there today, and didn't do much around here!

I mentioned it just a few minutes ago, and got "the look" of if I did, I'd be sleepin in the dog house for a week!

I would (but) the little lady would get mad because I spent 1/2 the day out there today, and didn't do much around here!

I mentioned it just a few mintutes ago, and got "the look" of if I did, I'd be sleepin in the dog house for a week!

Omg, that's hilarious! I'm not the only one driving their spouse crazy. That's all I talk about. My husband isn't giving me dirty looks yet....just blank stares.

Haupin

By the way, great coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back