5/12/05 old church Finds UPDATE!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

I went back to the old church about 5:30 and hunted until 8:15ish by both sets of steps this time, and in a 150' x 150' area where they have removed approx. 6 inches of sod/soil (shown front & left to around the back & left). I'm only 1/2 done with the torn out sod area because I couldn't walk 2 ft w/o getting a signal, and stopping to dig!

I found 2 of the mercury dimes in the area where I found the 1st coins (shield nickel and seated dime) and I found the st. liberty, 3 wheats, 1 indian and the V nickel where the 2nd set of steps were. All the other coins & items were found in the torn up sod area!

This is by far the best place I've hunted this season, and I'll be back out there tomorrow!

All coins, etc. were still 4 to 6 inches deep even though they have removed about 6 inches of top soil.

I also found some clad (not shown) and some other items of junk also not shown.

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• detecting 002.jpg
    detecting 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 943
  • ouou.jpg
    ouou.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 956
Upvote 0
Those are some great finds, and even the church itself is a great find! I can just imagine the history there! Thanks for the post and pics. Dang it im looking at that picture of the church, its 11pm and I feel like going out detecting lol. Well good luck on your next hunt there big guy, im sure that you will fare well. Have a good one :)

bump~ lol

just enjoying some of my past post ;)

Never did find anymore here as the construction crew made it off limits while dozing the grounds and I never went back after that day :(

Extremely frustrating for something to be off limits when you KNOW there is more in there.

Great finds, Lonewolfe. And I love that old church building. There is a church about a hundred years old in my town. It was re-landscaped with new sod last summer. It was before I got my detector, but a couple of guys found quite a few old coins when the old sod was pulled up.

Mike

Wow! Fantastic finds there. That old church is so cool looking.
Congrats.

this thread is 8 months old
give the poor guy a break hes heart broken he cant go there
look hes hiding those crocodile tears with his glass's ;) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back