5/12/05 old church Finds UPDATE!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

I went back to the old church about 5:30 and hunted until 8:15ish by both sets of steps this time, and in a 150' x 150' area where they have removed approx. 6 inches of sod/soil (shown front & left to around the back & left). I'm only 1/2 done with the torn out sod area because I couldn't walk 2 ft w/o getting a signal, and stopping to dig!

I found 2 of the mercury dimes in the area where I found the 1st coins (shield nickel and seated dime) and I found the st. liberty, 3 wheats, 1 indian and the V nickel where the 2nd set of steps were. All the other coins & items were found in the torn up sod area!

This is by far the best place I've hunted this season, and I'll be back out there tomorrow!

All coins, etc. were still 4 to 6 inches deep even though they have removed about 6 inches of top soil.

I also found some clad (not shown) and some other items of junk also not shown.

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• detecting 002.jpg
    detecting 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 943
  • ouou.jpg
    ouou.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 956
Upvote 0
Thats one nice outing Lonewolf,Hope your return trip pulls up much much more,look forward to your next post.I think I'll rent me a sod mschine and return to some of my old sites ;D.HH

Very very nice. I love finding them SLQ's (have only found two). Keep up the dirt fishing there!!

WOW!!! I thought the site I have been hunting was being good to me,,, but your looks a little nicer ;D...
Great finds,,, Good luck with the rest of the site...

WOW! DOUBLE WOW! Make me want to get back to the old church across the road. Just might do that...no matter how cold it is today...will have to get the long joni's (female for long john's :D) out again.

Melnatcat

melnatcat said:
WOW! DOUBLE WOW! Make me want to get back to the old church across the road. Just might do that...no matter how cold it is today...will have to get the long joni's (female for long john's :D) out again.

Melnatcat

well,

I'd take a little cold over this POURING rain we're getting,

I can't get out to the church today as planned because it's raining cats & dogs out there :(

I'm hoping it lets up for a while later so I can get at least an hr or 2 in today.

It's suppose to rain through the weekend now according to the forecast.

That's MI for you,

if you don't like the weather,

wait 5 min and it'll change!

Will update later today if I can get out for a while!

HH

Lonewolfe

wow nice finds dude nice spot to find taking off all the trash and leaving prime hunting, kewl finds tammahawk :D

Michigan Badger said:
OH boy! What great and stupendous finds! you are totally......oops!

I just realized I already posted here :P

Sorry...I'm just trying to reach 500 posts ;D
Oh Badger you have always been our Hero Member no matter how many posts you have. LOL

B E A U TIFUL Lonewolf. Which tector were ya usin. I am impressed. Free watch out the wolf is comin with the goodys now. You guys are so lucky to have those old sites. It makes me Cry when i think about it. :'( ( not Really) ;D

Enjoyed looking at the excelent finds. I noticed the item marked "reed". I have found several of these in civil war camps and have no idea what they are. Does anyone on this board know what they are? or, what they were used for?

All coins, etc. were still 4 to 6 inches deep even though they have removed about 6 inches of top soil.
Now THAT was interesting....

Couldn't get out to the site today,

the rain didn't quit long enough. :(

No rain in the forecast tomorrow so I'll be going for sure!

Will update/post any/all finds made after I return!

HH

Lonewolfe

I'm impressed, LoneRanger. ;) That's so exciting. Good luck tomorrow.

Which metal detector did you use??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Floater said:
Michigan Badger said:
OH boy! What great and stupendous finds! you are totally......oops!

I just realized I already posted here :P

Sorry...I'm just trying to reach 500 posts ;D
Oh Badger you have always been our Hero Member no matter how many posts you have. LOL

B E A U TIFUL Lonewolf. Which tector were ya usin. I am impressed. Free watch out the wolf is comin with the goodys now. You guys are so lucky to have those old sites. It makes me Cry when i think about it. :'( ( not Really) ;D

Thanks Floater,

I using both my Fisher CZ20 and my GTI 2500 on this site.

I like both of them for different reasons!

HH and get out in the water down there Floater, there's LOTS of gold jewelry waiting for YOU to find with that ex-cal!!

Lonewolfe

Who says Friday the 13th. is bad luck!!
WTG!!
Broncox

well lonewolf even if you couldnt make it out to the church today cause of the rain,neither could the workmen. so at least you didnt lose a day of oppertunity! besides the ground will be wet and easier to dig tommorrow,probably will work in your favor!cant wait to see what else you come up with!

Lone, that's some really nice finds. Congrats! Maybe the rain will actually help bring out more good signals. Best of luck and keep 'em coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back