5/12/05 old church Finds UPDATE!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

I went back to the old church about 5:30 and hunted until 8:15ish by both sets of steps this time, and in a 150' x 150' area where they have removed approx. 6 inches of sod/soil (shown front & left to around the back & left). I'm only 1/2 done with the torn out sod area because I couldn't walk 2 ft w/o getting a signal, and stopping to dig!

I found 2 of the mercury dimes in the area where I found the 1st coins (shield nickel and seated dime) and I found the st. liberty, 3 wheats, 1 indian and the V nickel where the 2nd set of steps were. All the other coins & items were found in the torn up sod area!

This is by far the best place I've hunted this season, and I'll be back out there tomorrow!

All coins, etc. were still 4 to 6 inches deep even though they have removed about 6 inches of top soil.

I also found some clad (not shown) and some other items of junk also not shown.

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• detecting 002.jpg
    detecting 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 943
  • ouou.jpg
    ouou.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 956
Upvote 0
WOW!!!! You da man, Lonewolf!!!!! Great finds. Can't wait to see what comes up from the rest of the area!

vicki

WOW!!!! You da man, Lonewolf!!!!! Great finds. Can't wait to see what comes up from the rest of the area!

vicki

Wow! That's a ton of Mercs! When your done hunting that site you should post a total finds for that church.

ARCOMANDPURPLE said:
Any 16 D mercs in the lot..???

Nope :(

1 - 1918-s

1 - 1920-s

1- 1935-p

1 - 1939-p

2 - 1942 p & d

1 - 1943-p

brandy said:
Great hunt for sure. How old was the church? Keep us up to date on the rest of the finds there. HH

built in 1854

see the 1st post I made today titled 5/12/05 old church finds for this mornings finds made in about 1 hr!

HH

Lonewolfe

Very NNNNiIICE,,,,,I know YOU gotta be happy......Thanks for Sharing

Thanks everyone,

will post any and all find made tomorrow too!

HH

Lonewolfe

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :o WOW? :o

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Looks like the stuff dreams are made of!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Nana

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;)

...................I keep coming back to look at these pics...........Wish I ...Uh......Well if I am going to dream about it I better get to bed..............................I....Will be watching for your next pic post of this hunting site..........Way To Go !

Glad you ran onto such a good spot Wolfe...Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Congrats on all the great coins and good luck tomorrow~CO2

Free2Dtect said:
Now doesn't that cheer you up? All of a sudden you hit a honey hole for older coins!
Sure beats chastity key or garter clips... don't it......LOL ;D ;D ;D

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVELOUS! :o That is a GREAT find there! Looks like one good spot. Best of luck on your next outing!

Another great day.Keep em coming, I love all the pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back