Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Hope everyone's week is going well. Finally got my vehicle back from the mechanic today. I had to get out and hunt after being off yesterday and not getting to because it was in the garage. I decided to drive through a little village that is pretty old, and Cjon455 and myself had some luck in. I decided to stop and ask permission at an older looking house. I was met at the door by a nice little old lady with her hearing aid buzzing, lol. She told me to go ahead and give it a try, " but I don't know what you'd find". I hear that a lot, lol. First target dug was a 44P wheat. Good sign, I thought. All in all, it turned out OK. Weren't any valuable coins found but ended up with a 64P Roosie, a 34P Merc, a 42P Merc, a 1901 IH and some interesting relics. If anyone recognizes anything there, feel free to chime in please. Thanks for looking.
y3uda9ed.jpg

hu8uju4a.jpg

qunu3ugy.jpg

5ahebyza.jpg

re7e9ymu.jpg

7ebupudu.jpg

Upvote 16
great finds, nice triple silvers.

Congrats on the silvers and on getting permission Dave! :occasion14:
The relic in the second pic looks like a parasol tip and the "large round object with the initials" 'HR' looks like the top of a lipstick. :icon_scratch:

(Guess I should've read the 'IA FurTrade' post :laughing7: )

Dave

Last edited:
Nice finds! Congrats!

The item with HR on it maybe a lipstick tube top, the other round object with the ball on top may be lamp final if it has a threaded hole underneath, I am guessing.

Nice finds! Congrats!

The item with HR on it maybe a lipstick tube top, the other round object with the ball on top may be lamp final if it has a threaded hole underneath, I am guessing.
Hi and thanks MsBB. You are right about the lipstick tube. At least that was what I think it is and it was ID'ed as Helena Rubenstein.....the logo does match hers. The little finial ( that is what I thought it was too ) is not a normal lamp finial as there are no threads inside. It is just hollow. Still looking for ID on the probable rail affiliated item and the ornate silver piece. Bailey & Foster made many personal types of silver items like brushes, razors and toiletry items. Maybe it is something like that. I haven't found any pictures yet that match it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back