Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Hope everyone's week is going well. Finally got my vehicle back from the mechanic today. I had to get out and hunt after being off yesterday and not getting to because it was in the garage. I decided to drive through a little village that is pretty old, and Cjon455 and myself had some luck in. I decided to stop and ask permission at an older looking house. I was met at the door by a nice little old lady with her hearing aid buzzing, lol. She told me to go ahead and give it a try, " but I don't know what you'd find". I hear that a lot, lol. First target dug was a 44P wheat. Good sign, I thought. All in all, it turned out OK. Weren't any valuable coins found but ended up with a 64P Roosie, a 34P Merc, a 42P Merc, a 1901 IH and some interesting relics. If anyone recognizes anything there, feel free to chime in please. Thanks for looking.
y3uda9ed.jpg

hu8uju4a.jpg

qunu3ugy.jpg

5ahebyza.jpg

re7e9ymu.jpg

7ebupudu.jpg

Upvote 16
I think the initials on the round thing are P. R.R. Pennsylvania Rail Road.
And that ring; Iv'e seen that HR before.I just can't place it.

I am sorry for that pic, HCW. Now that I look at it again, it does look like a ring. I believe it is the top to a lipstick tube. It is the long cylindrical object in the first pic.
I will have to check, but you probably nailed the rail connection. There are tracks just yards in front of this house and a station sat just a few hundred yards away at the turn of the 20th century.

Dave
Some nice find right there, Silver is always welcome.
Glad you can get out,hope your vehicle holds up .
Gary

Thanks Gary. The vehicle is fine. I had a power steering pump replaced a couple weeks ago and it still had a leak somewhere in the system. Just took it back for them to correct that. Thanks!

Nice hunt silver & indians... always a winning combo. Congrats.

After a little cleaning with baking soda, I discovered that the item in the second pic has a silver hallmark of " F & B Sterling" which is an American company - Foster Bailey. This makes my best silver day of 4. It pays to go over the finds again, it seems.
egu3y3yg.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stuff OD. First thing that popped in my head was a radiator cap for the monogrammed item. Interesting indeed

Nice hunt Old Dude , that cap is interesting , I think the RR connection .. but only a weak guess , I'll say lantern related :dontknow:

Nice digs .Thanks for the pics

The pro seems to love those Indian heads found 13 so far this year. Nice finds

That's cool that the long object ended up being silver, more for the treasure chest!

The pro seems to love those Indian heads found 13 so far this year. Nice finds

Well sir, it does if your settings are right, lol. Cjon455 will laugh at that. Thanks!

Thanks Chris! I thought it might be but saw no marks until the cleaning. I was happy with it. Now if I could figure it's purpose....

Well sir, it does if your settings are right, lol. Cjon455 will laugh at that. Thanks!
Just think of all the ones you may have missed, I'm just glad I could help

I admit I didn't read all posts, but I think RR railroad is a good assumption, Rolls Royce is out as the monogram is different.

It is a cool piece, hope you do get an ID. Too heavy construction for a lady's compact ?

I do appologize if it has been IDed and I missed that.

Keep diggin' my friend, you are a VERY upstanding, and contributing member to this forum, and good things are coming your way. Ask Ahab8, KARMA rules.

Last edited:
I admit I didn't read all posts, but I think RR railroad is a good assumption, Rolls Royce is out as the monogram is different.

It is a cool piece, hope you do get an ID. Too heavy construction for a lady's compact ?

I do appologize if it has been IDed and I missed that.

Keep diggin' my friend, you are a VERY upstanding, and contributing member to this forum, and good things are coming your way. Ask Ahab8, KARMA rules.

Wow, thanks for the very kind words, Rick. It is definitely too heavy for a compact. I may weigh and accurately measure it when I get home tonight. I have 2 friends at my work that are railheads but they aren't here today. Again, thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back