Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Hope everyone's week is going well. Finally got my vehicle back from the mechanic today. I had to get out and hunt after being off yesterday and not getting to because it was in the garage. I decided to drive through a little village that is pretty old, and Cjon455 and myself had some luck in. I decided to stop and ask permission at an older looking house. I was met at the door by a nice little old lady with her hearing aid buzzing, lol. She told me to go ahead and give it a try, " but I don't know what you'd find". I hear that a lot, lol. First target dug was a 44P wheat. Good sign, I thought. All in all, it turned out OK. Weren't any valuable coins found but ended up with a 64P Roosie, a 34P Merc, a 42P Merc, a 1901 IH and some interesting relics. If anyone recognizes anything there, feel free to chime in please. Thanks for looking.
y3uda9ed.jpg

hu8uju4a.jpg

qunu3ugy.jpg

5ahebyza.jpg

re7e9ymu.jpg

7ebupudu.jpg

Upvote 16
Great hunt Dave...Silver is silver...
George

Great hunt Dave...Silver is silver...
George

Thanks, George! It felt good to finally get a yes when I asked. I was on a string of no's, lol.

Sweet digs dave! , nice job

Sweet digs dave! , nice job

Thanks Chris. I think this may have been right next door to where that little old lady told you no and wanted proof you were going to detect, lol.

Awesome hunt! Yeah most folks think your just waisting your time out there swinging a detector, but when you're making finds like that it's like having your own little party in their yard!

nice finds, in fact really nice

... Weren't any valuable coins found but ended up with a 64P Roosie, a 34P Merc, a 42P Merc, a 1901 IH ....

All in the perspective. No "valuable" coins, eh?

Re-read my post today. ;)

All in the perspective. No "valuable" coins, eh?

Re-read my post today. ;)

Have any idea what the second pic is or the large round object with the initials?

Have any idea what the second pic is or the large round object with the initials?

The small thing looks like part of a pipe stem to me.

The round thing, is it solid? same front and back? First thing that popped in my mind was something to do
with Rolls Royce. :dontknow:

I have found the same object before, not sure what it is. I'll have to dig it out have have another look.

Nice finds, Mercs are always great to find, I'll never get tired of those!

That's a really nice hunt. A three silver day is fantastic.

I think the initials on the round thing are P. R.R. Pennsylvania Rail Road.
And that ring; Iv'e seen that HR before.I just can't place it.

The small thing looks like part of a pipe stem to me.

The round thing, is it solid? same front and back? First thing that popped in my mind was something to do
with Rolls Royce. :dontknow:

Hmmm....pipe stem does make sense. First thought I had was an adornment for a writing instrument. Here is the back:
myhehyva.jpg

Sorry I didn't include better pics of the round initialed item. Not solid....almost like a heavy cap for something.
sypu4u5y.jpg

u7utyzyd.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back