3 gold and 54 not gold

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a nice break in the rainy weather so I took advantage of that. The forecast is pretty much all rain for the next week so I set out to the patch early for a full day out detecting in the sunshine. I dug a lot of targets today. I really try to dig everything when nugget hunting. I’ve found some big shallow gold that sounds like a sardine can before but not today. I did get 3 nice little nuggets amongst the bullets, bbs and nails. All three weigh almost exactly the same for a total of 2.4 grams or 1.55 penny weight. And 54 nongolds

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 32
Today was a nice break in the rainy weather so I took advantage of that. The forecast is pretty much all rain for the next week so I set out to the patch early for a full day out detecting in the sunshine. I dug a lot of targets today. I really try to dig everything when nugget hunting. I’ve found some big shallow gold that sounds like a sardine can before but not today. I did get 3 nice little nuggets amongst the bullets, bbs and nails. All three weigh almost exactly the same for a total of 2.4 grams or 1.55 penny weight. And 54 nongolds
Congrats on the 3 pieces go lovely looking gold.

Just thinking how many targets folks dig to get a gold out of the urban settings.
I'd say your average on this hunt was really great.

AMAZING :) NICE going :)
1. What machine were you using ?
2. How deep was the gold ?
3. If you had to guess a value on the gold ?

VERY WELL DONE :)

AMAZING :) NICE going :)
1. What machine were you using ?
2. How deep was the gold ?
3. If you had to guess a value on the gold ?

VERY WELL DONE :)
GPX 4500 with the nugget finder evolution 14”x9”coil. All three were around 6 inches deep with sweet sounding signals. Not crazy deep for a pi machine, but I think they must have been out of range of the vlf machines I’ve swung over the same spots. As for value around $156

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

One has to love this hobby and searched out land that keeps on giving.
May the ring of gold keep ringing in your ears and its glitter in your hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back