2nd Time Out and Struck Gold!

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Folks, I have done it! On my second time detecting the beach I have struck gold. It has been a long road (insert sarcasm here) to get to this point. I figured on being about 20+ hours until I hit a big score like a gold wedding ring, but only too about 3.5 hours of detecting. I am beyond happy.

The gold wedding band was sitting right where a beach access was leading to fairly ritzy condominiums. Only sitting about 2 inches from the top, the ring was just waiting to be claimed! Apart from the ring, I also came up with $1.05 in change, a wood file for carpentry, and a pair of reading glasses.

I did have just one question to ask anyone interested in answering. Now that I have found some gold what is the best method for me to yield the most for it? I've heard that pawn shops really take a lot off the top from the melt value so I wasn't wanting to go that route. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the finds from both the 12th and the 13th. Enjoy!

Happy Hunting

Hockey_Detectorist

20160912_224617.jpg
20160912_210042-2.jpg
20160913_141654.jpg

Upvote 22

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back