28lb bar of something with gold content

Apr 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting for a friend. Its a bronze colored bar found by his granddather, dug up in its current form. It is approximately 10 inches long. Four inches across the bottom, two inches across the top, and about 3 inches tall and 28 lbs. He send a tiny piece of to a "mail in your gold" company and received some money. It isn't solid gold, but we can't determine what it is. KIMG0201.jpg

I may vote banner for the fact that so many think its a bar of precious metal.....I'm with you TR

Upvote 0
Just from the images I would guess a silver dore bar. As to other metals, I would not venture a guess. What did the "cash for gold" paperwork indicate, if any was provided?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. The towel is what he keeps it wrapped in, and he is somewhat secretive about this item. I will pass along the info to him and hope to get better pictures later. This picture was taken without the intention of internet sharing. We both thought it was brass, but were perplexed at receiving money for a tiny sliver. The spa comments were hilarious.

Upvote 0
Just my opinion but I would take it to a local assayer and leave the cash for gold guys out of it. From my experience thay pay the lowest prices out of all of em

Upvote 0
homemade pre refined gold bar of rawish gold ore ? some gold but not pure gold...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back