24" 14k flat mariner chain 52 grams or 1.8 ounces

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday my daughter and her husband wanted to go with me while I detected a local park. After finding quite a bit of clad my daughter wanted to try, her first 6 digs she collected 7 coins one hole had 2 quaters in it. So her husband wanted to try, I told him let's go around the basketball court, his first hole

image.jpg

was a 24" 14k gold flat mariner chain! Weighed it when I got home it was 52 grams or 1.8 ounces,

image.jpg

cleaned up pretty well but it could be cleaner.

image.jpg

Found a couple knives there as well. It was a great day and now they are completely addicted! I've warned them that the gold jewelry is few and far between but they have the fever lol. Just thought I'd share, thanks for looking. HH!

Upvote 20
Great find... Though it can be a curse to dig something that good on your first hole!!!

Great find... Though it can be a curse to dig something that good on your first hole!!!

Yea you're telling me... I found a gold ring within my first 5 hours of detecting and now I have the fever.

Well, I'd never take them detecting if they are going to find all the good stuff! Seriously, how nice that you had the chance to show them how much fun this hobby can be.

Agreed about the first hole thing. I tried to give it to them since they were the ones swinging the detector I only dug it for them, but they wouldn't take it.

Now that is a nice chunk of Gold. Good Luck

Agreed about the first hole thing. I tried to give it to them since they were the ones swinging the detector I only dug it for them, but they wouldn't take it.

Did you tell them it was worth $2300... They might have had second thoughts lol

Lol, I did tell them they may be able to get $1300-1500 for it, but they are just like that. Lol

Great day of detecting.

Yep they're hooked now! Congrats GL. HH

Kodikblack, my first find was a MD 64 beer bottle cap. To be honest I was putting in 2 hours a day after work and 10 hours on Saturday and 10 hours on Sundays and it wasn't until I learned my detector before I started really understanding what I was doing. It was a good 80-100 hours before I had confidence to let my machine work for me instead of me working the machine, that will make more sense the more hours you put in. The main thing is just understand what your machine is telling you. It will all come to you soon enough,, HH my friend.

Sell it QUICK!! They may change their minds! Nice finds!

Found my first gold ring around a B-ball court. I love the sports field/courts lot of goodies around them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back