24" 14k flat mariner chain 52 grams or 1.8 ounces

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday my daughter and her husband wanted to go with me while I detected a local park. After finding quite a bit of clad my daughter wanted to try, her first 6 digs she collected 7 coins one hole had 2 quaters in it. So her husband wanted to try, I told him let's go around the basketball court, his first hole

image.jpg

was a 24" 14k gold flat mariner chain! Weighed it when I got home it was 52 grams or 1.8 ounces,

image.jpg

cleaned up pretty well but it could be cleaner.

image.jpg

Found a couple knives there as well. It was a great day and now they are completely addicted! I've warned them that the gold jewelry is few and far between but they have the fever lol. Just thought I'd share, thanks for looking. HH!

Upvote 20
Nice find and thats cool that they wanted you to keep it. Maybe if you sell it you can use part of the money to get them their own detector

Saturday my daughter and her husband wanted to go with me while I detected a local park. After finding quite a bit of clad my daughter wanted to try, her first 6 digs she collected 7 coins one hole had 2 quaters in it. So her husband wanted to try, I told him let's go around the basketball court, his first hole

View attachment 948319

was a 24" 14k gold flat mariner chain! Weighed it when I got home it was 52 grams or 1.8 ounces,

View attachment 948322

cleaned up pretty well but it could be cleaner.

View attachment 948323

Found a couple knives there as well. It was a great day and now they are completely addicted! I've warned them that the gold jewelry is few and far between but they have the fever lol. Just thought I'd share, thanks for looking. HH!

TideTraveler, I took home the gold lol

Mr T called and he wants it back!
Seriously, that's a great find. Thanks for sharing.

WOW, that is a great story. You guys will remember that the rest of your lives. Sweet in more ways then one.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It was a great say.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Awesome find..congrats!

Now that is a lot of gas money!:headbang:

It is with a heavy heart that I report this gold chain that was found is fake. :( I received a PM (I'll leave their name out I case they don't want it mentioned) saying all gold chains with that pattern this person had seen were fake, and the look of the clasp and not having a makers mark was worrisome. I thanked him for the info and when I ended up back home I tested it (don't know why I didn't do that when I found it. Because even I didn't like the clasp turning a different color probably from being in the ground) so indeed it didn't pass the 14k test nor the 10k test for that matter. Sucks, BUT... Still it was an awesome outting last Saturday. lol thanks for the PM (you know who you are) I appreciate it, better then walking into a place to sell it and be told it was fake. And thanks for all the nice comments, maybe next time I'll find a real gold chain!! HH all.

And that is exactly why I ended up buying my daughter her own MD last week........ We've got an agreement that I get 50% of her finds until we both agree she's found enough to pay for it. Lucky for her (not for me) that POPPA gave us such a sweet deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back