Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So Iā€™ve been going back and forth on whether or not this ring is gold or gold plate. I did a specific gravity test and came up with high 10 karat, assuming I did the test correctly. Did a deep scratch with a triangle file and thought I saw a difference in the color and thought it must be heavy gold plate. The manufactures website says they specialize in high end plated jewelry.
All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So Iā€™m counting it as gold based on the scan.
IMG_4398.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4394.jpeg
    IMG_4394.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Upvote 3
So Iā€™ve been going back and forth on whether or not this ring is gold or gold plate. I did a specific gravity test and came up with high 10 karat, assuming I did the test correctly. Did a deep scratch with a triangle file and thought I saw a difference in the color and thought it must be heavy gold plate. The manufactures website says they specialize in high end plated jewelry.
All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So Iā€™m counting it as gold based on the scan.View attachment 2173230
If a pawn shop says its 20K I would sell it to him for scrap šŸ¤£

All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So Iā€™m counting it as gold based on the scan.View attachment 2173230
When he tested it, did he test it in area that was filed?

All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So Iā€™m counting it as gold based on the scan.
If a pawn shop says its 20K I would sell it to him for scrap šŸ¤£
Exactly....
When he tested it, did he test it in area that was filed?
I didnā€™t pay any attention
The suspense is killing me.... šŸ¤Ŗ
I think what's being danced around is that the plating may be 20K.

20K was more common in antique jewelry (or so I read). Base metal may be titanium. :dontknow:

The suspense is killing me.... šŸ¤Ŗ
I think what's being danced around is that the plating may be 20K.

20K was more common in antique jewelry (or so I read). Base metal may be titanium. :dontknow:
If the pawn shop says 20k, I would sell it and run like hell .... šŸ¤£

Maybe $300 ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back