2023 is off the great start!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
As you have guessed by now we are back on the fields !
It's only a couple of weeks short of a year since I've been out detecting. My hectic work schedule took over in May of last year and kept me so busy til December that I missed the entire fall last year...oh well things like this happen.
In that time I got a new machine...a new Nokta Legend, so I had to get on some fields and give it a try. Along with Iron Patch we hit a couple of our favourite old haunts to see what's been left behind.
I like the light weight and the lack of headphone wires on the Legend, I dug non stop all day and filled my pouch and had a couple of nice targets along the way.
I got on the board with a half penny token from the 1830s which was toasty but a good find. Then all the way to the end of the day til I got a military button...local militia from the 1790s. This size cuff is a new one for me..although crusty it is a keeper. Also from the same site my first silver! This French one was totally unexpected and the first time I've ever seen or heard of this one...a 30 sols( 1/4 ecu) from 1792 !
Kind of worn out but a winner in my books.
Hopefully we can get out and dig up some great relics and coins in the next few weeks before the man says you gotta work for a living but for now I'm happy to detect!

Attachments

• 20230411_091849.jpg
    20230411_091849.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20230411_091907.jpg
    20230411_091907.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230411_092003.jpg
    20230411_092003.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230411_092030.jpg
    20230411_092030.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230411_092052.jpg
    20230411_092052.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 47
Thanks sandog
First impressions are positive..
Compared to my old minelab I like the weight, wireless is a plus, I still dig a bunch based on my settings but feel theres room for improvement ( I'm digging a lot of big iron still) but if your not going after that you might be missing something else deeper.
Im still finding that theres more about the legend I dont know than what I've already figured out lol
All in all I'm happy enough with it and will give it a passing grade lol
Sounds good. After I downloaded 1.11 I went back and watched Quarter Hoarder's video again and tweaked a couple of settings. Agree with you, I use AM's 99% of the time. Biggest changes I made were in tone pitch and separation. I dig any good signal and if it's trash I feel like at the least I'm keeping the beach cleaner, and at best keeping folks, especially the little folks, from getting their bare feet cut or impaled by a fish hook.
Good hunting!

Congrats on the french silver, seems any french silver is a tough find even though they were supposedly lots around these parts ? I suppose that one, only a 3 year type, even tougher.
I was out 2 days ago, to try find a gold ring, got a couple of silvers I was able to keep, good thing as they offered me nothing for the 3 hours of deep knee bends, oh, and ain't I sore today.

Hey hey diggers!
As you have guessed by now we are back on the fields !
It's only a couple of weeks short of a year since I've been out detecting. My hectic work schedule took over in May of last year and kept me so busy til December that I missed the entire fall last year...oh well things like this happen.
In that time I got a new machine...a new Nokta Legend, so I had to get on some fields and give it a try. Along with Iron Patch we hit a couple of our favourite old haunts to see what's been left behind.
I like the light weight and the lack of headphone wires on the Legend, I dug non stop all day and filled my pouch and had a couple of nice targets along the way.
I got on the board with a half penny token from the 1830s which was toasty but a good find. Then all the way to the end of the day til I got a military button...local militia from the 1790s. This size cuff is a new one for me..although crusty it is a keeper. Also from the same site my first silver! This French one was totally unexpected and the first time I've ever seen or heard of this one...a 30 sols( 1/4 ecu) from 1792 !
Kind of worn out but a winner in my books.
Hopefully we can get out and dig up some great relics and coins in the next few weeks before the man says you gotta work for a living but for now I'm happy to detect!
Seeing that 1792 date is awesome! My oldest is an 1803 half reale so I haven’t yet found a coin with a date in the 1700s. Congrats and well done!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back