2023 is off the great start!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
As you have guessed by now we are back on the fields !
It's only a couple of weeks short of a year since I've been out detecting. My hectic work schedule took over in May of last year and kept me so busy til December that I missed the entire fall last year...oh well things like this happen.
In that time I got a new machine...a new Nokta Legend, so I had to get on some fields and give it a try. Along with Iron Patch we hit a couple of our favourite old haunts to see what's been left behind.
I like the light weight and the lack of headphone wires on the Legend, I dug non stop all day and filled my pouch and had a couple of nice targets along the way.
I got on the board with a half penny token from the 1830s which was toasty but a good find. Then all the way to the end of the day til I got a military button...local militia from the 1790s. This size cuff is a new one for me..although crusty it is a keeper. Also from the same site my first silver! This French one was totally unexpected and the first time I've ever seen or heard of this one...a 30 sols( 1/4 ecu) from 1792 !
Kind of worn out but a winner in my books.
Hopefully we can get out and dig up some great relics and coins in the next few weeks before the man says you gotta work for a living but for now I'm happy to detect!

Attachments

• 20230411_091849.jpg
    20230411_091849.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20230411_091907.jpg
    20230411_091907.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230411_092003.jpg
    20230411_092003.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230411_092030.jpg
    20230411_092030.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230411_092052.jpg
    20230411_092052.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 47
Jeez I almost forgot this little gem.
This one of the smallest thimbles I've ever found ..only 12mm across the base. In comparison to a ten cent piece it's still small!
Must have been a child's possession because I cant see an adult getting this one on a finger.

Attachments

• 20230411_102357.jpg
    20230411_102357.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 16
Ironhorse great finds :) What part of the world are you in ?

Hey hey diggers!
As you have guessed by now we are back on the fields !
It's only a couple of weeks short of a year since I've been out detecting. My hectic work schedule took over in May of last year and kept me so busy til December that I missed the entire fall last year...oh well things like this happen.
In that time I got a new machine...a new Nokta Legend, so I had to get on some fields and give it a try. Along with Iron Patch we hit a couple of our favourite old haunts to see what's been left behind.
I like the light weight and the lack of headphone wires on the Legend, I dug non stop all day and filled my pouch and had a couple of nice targets along the way.
I got on the board with a half penny token from the 1830s which was toasty but a good find. Then all the way to the end of the day til I got a military button...local militia from the 1790s. This size cuff is a new one for me..although crusty it is a keeper. Also from the same site my first silver! This French one was totally unexpected and the first time I've ever seen or heard of this one...a 30 sols( 1/4 ecu) from 1792 !
Kind of worn out but a winner in my books.
Hopefully we can get out and dig up some great relics and coins in the next few weeks before the man says you gotta work for a living but for now I'm happy to detect!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Great finds! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us all.

Very nice old coppers! I found one French coin exactly the size of a British halfpenny among sites that are otherwise indicative of Loyalist to maybe first generation afterwards homesteads. So my thinking is that the French coin was not an indicator of a French settler presence, but just another copper used for local trade among many varieties.

Soooo cool! I would love to find a French piece like that. Congrats!

Outstanding finds. What's your impression of your new detector?
Thanks sandog
First impressions are positive..
Compared to my old minelab I like the weight, wireless is a plus, I still dig a bunch based on my settings but feel theres room for improvement ( I'm digging a lot of big iron still) but if your not going after that you might be missing something else deeper.
Im still finding that theres more about the legend I dont know than what I've already figured out lol
All in all I'm happy enough with it and will give it a passing grade lol

Good to hear that you and IP have gotten some dirt time in again. Congrats on the French one and the token, also the new machine.
Less weight is a huge bonus in a long day of swinging I have found, it makes the quiet stretches more pleasurable even.
Best of luck on the next outing. May the coppers be silver.
Cool little thimble also, either a very small hand, or a child mirroring her mom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back