Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
So I picked up 2 boxes and then checked for enders. The first 25 have at least 20 coins marked with a sharpy all the same way. The bottom row had another 10 marked AND a 1964 ENDER!
I have gone through about 14 rolls so far and at least 1/3 of the coins are marked the same way. BUT I found another 1964 Kennedy!!

I still don't know why people mark coins, I did that at first but have never seen one of my marked coins. I also don't skip a roll because the ender is marked, the roll with 1964 in it also had two of the marked coins

20230602_161959.jpg

Upvote 4
Marking coins never made much sense to me except to see distribution of coins through the company that packs rolls (loomis, garda, etc). I have pulled 20+ silvers from a box with a good amount of marked coins in it. Maybe marking coins with current date to see how long it takes to circulate back might prove interesting, but it isn't helping much when it comes to finding silver.

Marking coins never made much sense to me except to see distribution of coins through the company that packs rolls (loomis, garda, etc). I have pulled 20+ silvers from a box with a good amount of marked coins in it. Maybe marking coins with current date to see how long it takes to circulate back might prove interesting, but it isn't helping much when it comes to finding silver.

The only thing I can think is if you wanted to see if your dumps were coming back to your bank boxes. As I said I did that for a while but never got one back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back