2 Draped Bust Large Cents + King George III

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers got out to one of Kyles new sites that he has been jibbering about all year. I got ahold of the landowner back in August and she said that since the crop was up we should wait until harvest. Well folks harvest has begun. After contacting her again just the other day she said she had time to discuss it with her husband and he was fine with it. I told her that we can't wait to show her the goodies recovered from her land. We began on a foggy sunday morning by scattering out in the field. Let me just say that the field we began hitting this morning is not the field that has Kyle chirping like a cricket in heat. :tongue3:That field still has crop in. I was humming along for about an hour when I got a signal that seems to me I have gotten a million times before. Penny / Dime on the analog meter. 4 inches deep was a nice 1801 Draped Bust Largie. The sun came out from the fog to warm it up to a comfortable 60 degrees as a smile got plastered to my jib. Dropped musketball here flat buttons there indicated that we were doing A- OK. 8) About another hour later I got a nice solid pulltab reading which turned out to be the K.G. III copper , not bad shape but a very thin obvious counterfeit. It still spent nicely i'm sure. A nice couple soon pulled their car up and began asking questions about what we were finding and proceeded to tell me that they both grew up in the area and would be glad to give us some sites that might do well for us. After talking to them for a while and thanking them very much I was off again. About 20 minutes and more dropped musketballs later I got another very familiar signal. Another Draped bust large cent. It looks to me to be an 1807.This ended my hunt for the day. 3 coppers today, 6 coppers today for the group, 24 coppers for the year for Zeus, 51 coppers this year for the group. Not bad if I do say so myself. :icon_king: Thanks everyone.
Chris
PIC00036-1.jpg

PIC00041.jpg

Upvote 0
PACO said:
YEA CHRIS......... YOU NEVER STOP AMAZING ME DUDE. YOU ARE THE NEW L.C.G. ( LARGE, COIN, GOD )..... LOOK OUT FOLKS, DON`T WALK OVER THOSE COPPAS, CUZ THE ZEUS WILL HAVE UM..........AWESOME BRO !!!!!!!!!!!!PACO
Thanks Rob. You also had a great day dude. Whenever a post colonial is unearthed it makes for a winning day. :thumbsup:
Chris

ModernMiner said:
"3 coppers today, 6 coppers today for the group, 24 coppers for the year for Zeus, 51 coppers this year for the group. Not bad if I do say so myself. "

AMAZING GUYS!!! :o

Chris,
A truly fantastic day again for you. Beautiful coins & relics. :thumbsup:
Kyle is the king when it comes to finding spots. :icon_king:
Sounds like that couple may turn you three analog studs onto more great spots. Good luck.
-Doug-
Thanks Doug. Yeah man we have a great system here. Kyle still points us in the right direction and I am still good at wooing the landowners. Kirk provides comic relief ,research ,scouting missions etc.
Chris

Derek752 said:
Way To GO Mr Zeus !!! :headbang: :occasion14: :headbang:

Another fantastic day in the colonial fields of Pennsylvania !! The 60 degree temps and sunny skies and the sound of large coppa's filling the headphones :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: KKC RULES !!

Wont be long before the ancient finds in PA are all dug up by the 3 datector professionals and future colonial seekers will be sol.! :crybaby2:

Chris , GREAT DIGS !! :notworthy:

Derek ( envious ) :icon_salut:
Hey "D" I appreciate the accolades. We are still pounding out the sites and still swinging with a passion. As for running out of colonial sites. I don't see it ever happening. On the verizon I see limitless vistas. :wink: :thumbsup:
Chris

funkman said:
congrats to the three of you and those fantastic coins! You guys have to spread some of that colonial luck my way please!!

Great Finds!!

Funkman
You are in a good state for colonials so I think your patience will pay off. :thumbsup:
Chris

BuckleBoy said:
Better than average condition on those for your area.

It appears that all the jabbering paid off.

Those are excellent recoveries, and congrats to you and your team on your insurmountable Copper Count for the year.

-Buckles
Thanks Buckleboy. I had the fever very bad . I didn't want to leave but Kyle had to study for a test and Kirk hadn't slept in a long,long time. I think he is an alien. ;D
Chris

Congrats on another successful hunt, 2008 has been a great year for you so far, and wish all the future years continue to do so. Has your group ever hunted any cellarholes in the woods in your area? The reason I ask is to know whether the condition of the coppers is any better once you get away from the fertilized fields, or is the soil in the area just not kind to coppers.

Here in South Jersey, it varies widely in the woods, some areas the coins look like the day they were dropped (not often found though) and in general, all coppers are better than most of the field finds, even though our soil is highly acidic. (That's the reason Jersey Tomatoes grow so well here ;D) I believe the savior in the condition of the coppers in our wooded sites is the fact the soil drains very fast, being so sandy, but if in a low area, they can be worst than any farm field find..................

Again, congrats on 3 large coppers again being found.

Don

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
BuckleBoy said:
Better than average condition on those for your area. 

It appears that all the jabbering paid off. 

Those are excellent recoveries, and congrats to you and your team on your insurmountable Copper Count for the year.

-Buckles
Thanks Buckleboy. I had the fever very bad . I didn't want to leave but Kyle had to study for a test and Kirk hadn't slept in a long,long time. I think he is an alien. ;D
Chris

The boys need to take care of themselves so that they're in shape for Digging adventures. 

As you know, when one has the fever there's only one thing that can calm it for a while--and that's a Great Find or two.

Congrats,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back