2 Barber quarters and one SLQ in the same plug!

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Does it get any better than this? Probably not too much more. I returned to the spot I've been going to for the past 7 months and it was memorable. As soon as I arrived I dug a 41 Merc and soon after that I found 8 clad quarters in one plug, I wondered aloud, it would be nice to dig 8 silver quarters in one plug, well 5 minutes later I dug 3 silver Quarters in the same plug, a 1905, 1914D and a 1918 SLQ. Does it get any better than this?
Well, it does, on the way to my car I dragged the coil as I was leaving, ( how many of us have done that? )and I dug a 1941 quarter for a total of 4 silver quarters and one Merc for 2 hours of work, I mean play.
I met Stew there and left shortly after that, I hope he found some silver.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 943
Upvote 0
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW !!!!

i'd consider that a good month - let alone a good day !

congratulations !

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Re: 2 Barber quarters and one SLQ in the same plug!

I'll say WOW on that one too :o :o :o

I havent even had a dream about finding a spill like that.

Hell I'd be happy for a year just finding one.

Wow!! That is a super find. Beautiful. Congrats on a great hunt.
HH, Mike in NJ

Crocop said:
...well 5 minutes later I dug 3 silver Quarters in the same plug, a 1905, 1914D and a 1918 SLQ. Does it get any better than this?
Well, it does, on the way to my car I dragged the coil as I was leaving, ( how many of us have done that? )and I dug a 1941 quarter for a total of 4 silver quarters and one Merc for 2 hours of work, I mean play.

7 months of hunting the same spot and you only just found those 3 silvers in the same freakin' hole? Geez... :D

Nice digs bro' !

Super finds there Cop! I can't even imagine the thrill of digging that old coin spill! I would probably still be sitting there, staring blankly at the coins, drool falling from the corner of my half open mouth. ;D

I'm telling you right now....not in my lifetime!!Congrat's on a once in a lifetime feat.Nice work(play)...

Joe G said:
Crocop said:
...well 5 minutes later I dug 3 silver Quarters in the same plug, a 1905, 1914D and a 1918 SLQ. Does it get any better than this?

7 months of hunting the same spot and you only just found those 3 silvers in the same freakin' hole? Geez... :D

Nice digs bro' !

Joe, I'm still swinging my coil over virgin ground after 7 months, that's how big the property is. The only reason I can post finds like this is because the site is a closely kept secret.
Every time I leave the site I say to myself, "there can't be more" and as you can see there is, Wow!
No matter what I do
No matter where I go
No matter how good I am or become
No matter how much luck is involved
No matter which detector I use

This site is the very definition of dream sites

almost 2 dozen silver rings
2 gold rings
over 100 silver coins, one was key date 1903s barber dime
2 17xx coins
1 large cent
only three Indian heads
halve a dozen Buffalo's
dozens of Wheat's
Clad everywhere, even on top
It's like a Dream and there is more

This site goes down into the record books and the record keeps getting better.

Thanks everyone

Thanks Stew for finding your share, which by the way goes unposted most of the time.

I still have not covered the entire lot of land

I hope you all find your dream sites, I'm lucky to have found mine

In closing I would like to say that I would give everthing thing I have to Have my 10 year old daughter back, she has Autism.

CC

WOW ~ that is some serious treasures you found! NICELY DONE! You're a detecting maniac! WOOHOO!!!!

Now that's what I call some fantastic digs. Congrats!

;) RR

Thats great! How many times have we found a pocket spill, only it be clad? Nice silver finds; wish you many more at that site.

renegade_7 said:
Thats great! How many times have we found a pocket spill, only it be clad? Nice silver finds; wish you many more at that site.

This is like the forth silver spill I've found there. No where else have I ever found a silver spill, It shows me the site was a virgin site until I came across it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back