2 Barber quarters and one SLQ in the same plug!

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Does it get any better than this? Probably not too much more. I returned to the spot I've been going to for the past 7 months and it was memorable. As soon as I arrived I dug a 41 Merc and soon after that I found 8 clad quarters in one plug, I wondered aloud, it would be nice to dig 8 silver quarters in one plug, well 5 minutes later I dug 3 silver Quarters in the same plug, a 1905, 1914D and a 1918 SLQ. Does it get any better than this?
Well, it does, on the way to my car I dragged the coil as I was leaving, ( how many of us have done that? )and I dug a 1941 quarter for a total of 4 silver quarters and one Merc for 2 hours of work, I mean play.
I met Stew there and left shortly after that, I hope he found some silver.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 943
Upvote 0
renegade_7 said:
That's great! How many times have we found a pocket spill, only it be clad? Nice silver finds; wish you many more at that site.
Thanks Renegade, I know there are no other sites like this, I think this is the last one, on Long Island anyway. I'm sure there are more, just not near where I live.

These sites were common 30 years ago, we're just picking up the scraps. We have to hunt the woods or farms.
CC

Wonderful old spill there Crocop!

Having a site like that really is something special. We have had a spot like that in the Iceberg, but really haven't broken into the early 1800s or late 17s there. Hit it hard man.
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hang in there man. She needs you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back