1967 class ring found (found owner but sadd ending)

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
got a 10k yellow GOLD (got to love that word) class ring 1967 ??
no stone but is says Bates Avenue High School and 1967 on both sides..
initials in the inside of the ring is A.D.
did a goolge and cant find any info on a Bates Avenue High school...
found it tonight at the same area as a 1945 walker i found this summer.
dont see how i missed it..

Morris
Ocala,Fl? 8)

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,245
Upvote 0
It occurred to me that my high school had a small area dedicated to alumni who didn't come back from wars. All alumni killed in any war were listed on a small monument. I wonder if Bates Ave / Eustis - Cartwright has something like this, where Adam Davis might be found.

Xraywolf,

your right on.

Last know U.S solder killed before the official ceasefire was Lt Col William Nolde, 1973, buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

One of my detecting friends found a nice ring at the beach and checked with the rangers of the state park where she found the ring. She learned the owner posted a $500.00 reward. She asked me to go with her to return the ring. At the appointed meeting place for the transaction we waited and I got to see the beauty. It was easiely worth $500.00 dollars I thought. She told me that it is not Platinum as reported and the stones were really CZ's. Soon a guy arrives, a doctor, and I won't give his name. He identifies his wife's ring before he sees it and my friend shows it to him. He grabs it and walks off laughing. Luckily she stopped me from rushing in and getting my old butt kicked and sued yet. But I was really ticked off. Other blue words come to mind, but this is still a clean forum. My friend though had the right spirit and said she'd have given it to him free anyway.

Makes me wonder if his wife knows it's a fake.

HH,
Sandman

The Vietnam war ended on Jan 27,1973. The lady at the school may of gotten the date wrong.If the date on the ring is 1967, his tour would of been most likely sometime between 67-71
Just for general info, only those killed in Vietnam were added to the wall. The thousands who were wounded in Vietnam and later died of their injuries in hospitals in other countries were not included on the wall.

Sandman256 said:
One of my detecting friends found a nice ring at the beach and checked with the rangers of the state park where she found the ring. She learned the owner posted a $500.00 reward.? She asked me to go with her to return the ring.? At the appointed meeting place for the transaction we waited and I got to see the beauty.? It was easiely worth $500.00 dollars I thought.? She told me that it is not Platinum as reported and the stones were really CZ's.? Soon a guy arrives, a doctor, and I won't give his name.? He identifies his wife's ring before he sees it and my friend shows it to him.? He grabs it and walks off laughing.? Luckily she stopped me from rushing in and getting my old butt kicked and sued yet.? But I was really ticked off.? Other blue words come to mind, but this is still a clean forum.? My friend though had the right spirit and said she'd have given it to him free anyway.

Makes me wonder if his wife knows it's a fake.

HH,
Sandman

I'll bet the stones were real. The finder sounds like a great person. That "Doc" was most likely something else (I won't say here).

Where abouts in Michigan are you? Northern, Western, Southern, ?

??? Morris, I went on the Social Security Death Index to check out "Adam Davis". I did not find any Adam Davis born around 1949 that died in 1972 or 73. Try http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/
Everybody who has a Social Security Number is entered into that database upon death. So- something is not adding up here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back