1952 Half dollar on surface!

bugugly

Greenie
Aug 1, 2012
I was detecting at my favorite location yesterday and found a 1952 Franklin Half right on the surface! It it black from years of sun. I have now dug 38 silvers from this location!!!!

image-2471663774.jpg

image-1095993672.jpg

Attachments

• image-2849803595.jpg
    image-2849803595.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image-2586212506.jpg
    image-2586212506.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 3
38 silvers from one spot.... wow that is incredible. that's almost like detecting in heaven

WOW! That's a great location. Way to go on the silver coins. :icon_thumright:

tabman

You won't find a spot like that very often in the hobby today. Big Congrats!

Wldbil said:
You won't find a spot like that very often in the hobby today. Big Congrats!

Thanks! It's amazing I know! I've also found about $75 in clad.

jewelerguy said:
38 silvers from one spot.... wow that is incredible. that's almost like detecting in heaven

There's a lot of clad too. But still silver every time I go back.

Wow, you really brought in the silver! Also congrats on the surface find. beats the crap out of a wheat penny any day!!

Very cool! Love it when they are sitting right on top, making it easy for you. What kind of area is this, just general, no coordinates needed ;) Just wondering about what was bringing all the silver to the area, so maybe I can find something similar here!

Wanna share with me where this is(:

Funny you brought this up.About 3 weeks ago me and my son were at a local park and he found a 1907 cent lying right on top of the ground and about 5 more steps dug a 1990 or 91 half dollar.Rich

I guess that's where people went to dump their silver.

Usually, the dirt hides the silver. Your location seems to be the opposite. Keep going back to that keg until it's empty.

Dude,that is way awesome!

You can say that again, lol.
Could I just ask, what kind of site this is? A Park, beach, field, old festival or fair site, burned out home or business, buried cache? Just curious, alike Talon said "...so maybe I can find something similar here". It sounds like a great spot, I could care less about where it is, I'm still learnin' that's all.
:coffee2:

Last edited:
I absolutely love Franklin halves...wanna make a donation to my collection??? LOL, yeah right you do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back