Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks it looks like my new AT Pro has done its job. I went back to the farmhouse that I've detected the last few times and reworked the front yard. The only keepers I found were a 1920 wheat and a ring. It was about 8" deep and I first thought there was a round stone on the front. When I got it home and cleaned it though I saw it was not a stone but a baseball. I then Googled "antique baseball ring" and found out it was actually a 1935 Babe Ruth Club ring from Quaker cereal. :thumbsup:
Mine isn't anywhere the condition of this one, but here's one on Ebay:

Vintage 1934 Babe Ruth Club Baseball Ring | eBay

Never saw one before. Pretty cool.
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJ!0FH6pS2fo6BSD7tfHD)Q~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJ!0FH6pS2fo6BSD7tfHD)Q~~60_57.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-049F.JPG
    MVC-049F.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 247
  • MVC-050F.JPG
    MVC-050F.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-051F.JPG
    MVC-051F.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 225
  • MVC-052F.JPG
    MVC-052F.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 208
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 16
I found one of those a couple of years ago. Didn't even know what I had!! thanks for your post!

I found one of those a couple of years ago. Didn't even know what I had!! thanks for your post!
Hey Debby, thanks for the reply. I've been away for some time. Good to see your smiling face again.
-Doug-

That has to be a fairly rare find - I'm sure I've never seen one here before !
Thanks Argentium. I would love to make it into a display if I could find one of those original Quaker ads at a decent price.
-MM-

Way to go buddy on finding the 'Babe.' :thumbsup: I think I recognize that wine bottle cork! :laughing7: Breezie

I wonder if it would be expensive to have it re-plated?

Way to go buddy on finding the 'Babe.' :thumbsup: I think I recognize that wine bottle cork! :laughing7: Breezie

I wonder if it would be expensive to have it re-plated?

LOL. Thanks Breezie. I was going to sell it to Quindy as a rare CW cork that was used around the campfire on bean night. :tongue3:
-MM-

Nicely done! How was it ringing when you found it? 8 Inches is pretty deep, did the signal/VDI changed when you opened the plug? What were the numbers?

Perses,
It was a faint signal with no reading. I almost didn't dig it. I'm glad I did. I got the pinpointing down pretty well now. :thumbsup:
Still no Barber quarter. :dontknow:
-MM-

That is one cool find !!!

Looks good MM!! I have never seen one of them and NO I didn't play ball with the Babe. WTG, Q.

Thanks Q. You beat me to it. :tongue3: Could have been worse, I could of dug a 1935 Baby Ruth.
-MM-

That's a cool find, congrats.

That is an awesome find.Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back