Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks it looks like my new AT Pro has done its job. I went back to the farmhouse that I've detected the last few times and reworked the front yard. The only keepers I found were a 1920 wheat and a ring. It was about 8" deep and I first thought there was a round stone on the front. When I got it home and cleaned it though I saw it was not a stone but a baseball. I then Googled "antique baseball ring" and found out it was actually a 1935 Babe Ruth Club ring from Quaker cereal. :thumbsup:
Mine isn't anywhere the condition of this one, but here's one on Ebay:

Vintage 1934 Babe Ruth Club Baseball Ring | eBay

Never saw one before. Pretty cool.
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJ!0FH6pS2fo6BSD7tfHD)Q~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJ!0FH6pS2fo6BSD7tfHD)Q~~60_57.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-049F.JPG
    MVC-049F.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 247
  • MVC-050F.JPG
    MVC-050F.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-051F.JPG
    MVC-051F.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 225
  • MVC-052F.JPG
    MVC-052F.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 208
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 16
Really cool find Doug. I've never seen a Babe Ruth ring before. You reminded me of how lucky we are to have the search engines to help us identity our recoveries. I'd definitely be lost without Google.

Thanks Buddy. You are sooooo right. Google really steps up to the plate when trying to find just about anything. It's a great help to this hobby of ours for sure. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

A really sweet find, MM, on multiple levels. Thanks for showing us.

View attachment 877058

Thanks Surf. I had actually cleaned it up and put it away thinking it was nothing. Then I did a Google search. I'm hoping to make a copy of one of the original cereal ads that shows the ring in it so I can make a nice display for it. I love doing that kind of stuff.
-MM-

THANKS EVERYONE. Your replies are really appreciated. It keeps me going. :thumbsup:
Happy hunting,
MM

That is a precious find. I have never seen one.
Congrats
Dman

That is a precious find. I have never seen one.
Congrats
Dman

Thanks D. Wasn't it Babe that taught Quindy how to be a swinger? :icon_scratch:

LOL. Thanks Breezie. I was going to sell it to Quindy as a rare CW cork that was used around the campfire on bean night. :tongue3:
-MM-

Would that be 'bean night' as in Blazin Saddles? :laughing7:

Dawg,
I thought you were referring to me out digging. :tongue3: Lord knows I sway enough bugs out there.
Thanks Buddy,
Dug
Hey Dug , I hear you about the flying teeth . One week it's chiggers , last week yellow jackets got me .
I just left a "die tick die " on Quindy's thread . I am losing it ! Have Fun joker and that is a great piece of Americana , big time baseball fan ya know :tongue3:

dawg

LMAO! I thought you were using your vintage Leave It To Beaver words. "Gee Wally" :tongue3:
-MM-

HAHA, Golly gee wiz Wally, I sure don't like Eddie. I only watched the Beav on very old re-runs as a kid.

Hey Dug , I hear you about the flying teeth . One week it's chiggers , last week yellow jackets got me .
I just left a "die tick die " on Quindy's thread . I am losing it ! Have Fun joker and that is a great piece of Americana , big time baseball fan ya know :tongue3:

dawg

Dawg,
I can't tell you how many times I've knocked my headphones off swatting at those darn bugs. :BangHead: It's always fun trying to get gnats off your eye when you're wearing glasses and have headphones and digging gloves on. :tongue3: I tried making a face shield out of one of those sticky fly traps before, but I couldn't see through it, a bird get stuck on it, and it pulled half my hair off. Back to the drawing board. LOL

That's cool as all get out, MM! You could wear that ring and REALLY be a swinger! 8-)
Nana

I'm going to say that you hit a Home Run with that one (although someone probably already beat me to it)!!!

Very nice find! I looking at a AT Pro or X-terra 705 as my next purchase,

That's cool as all get out, MM! You could wear that ring and REALLY be a swinger! 8-)
Nana
You know me Nana, not to far from being a swinger. :tongue3:
Thanks,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back