RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449610835.025478.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449610849.408481.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449610862.442661.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449610896.112744.jpg
I detected this at an old home site. Has anyone seen another like it? It's made from 1909 Indian pennies cut and mended together....

I'd be stunned if anyone on Tnet has ever seen that before. Awesome find.

Upvote 0
That is so awesome and unique. I can't find a pic of one on the internet. Don't know if we'll ever see another...

Upvote 0
Such an odd thing to do with pennies. Just wondering if it had a purpose or is it just jewelry of some sort?? I almost tossed it thinking it was junk, but I decided to clean it up and take a closer look. So glad I did! [emoji16]

Upvote 0
8 pennies, 1909 maybe a date for something 08/1909
very cool find

Upvote 0
Not sure I get this
how and why would you do this
How was this accomplished
I don't see any marks to indicate it was welded - so to speak
What's the purpose of the hole?
I clearly don't get it
Brady

Upvote 0
It's hard to tell if the hole is threaded but I don't think so.. And the seams are very hard to see but I think your right about the four coins cut to slide into each other.. Not sure how they mended it together though??

Upvote 0
i tried to lighten, prob need a bright light into the crevice
not that it will help id it

Screenshot 2015-12-08 at 10.02.59 PM.png

Upvote 0
that's just pretty dang cool. it would be a shame if they were all 'S' mint marked though

Upvote 0
Who knows, some people have different ideas, different strokes for different folks, but it's darn sure interesting and no doubt one of a kind.

Upvote 0
Nice thing. Try to put it on a needle or something and then spin it around, then you should be able to see the whole penny. I think that it is a toy. But a cool one.

Upvote 0
Looks like it is well made, not just some guy sticking pennies together. Maybe a jeweler made it.

Upvote 0
I believe it is 4 pennies cut in half , then each half is " soldered " to a piece of copper tubing, etc. Unique .

Upvote 0
That is super cool.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back