North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1905 House turns up more coins & relics

Today, Bob (RWSNC) and I met at the 1905 house I recently got permission to detect. It was a hot (94 degrees) and humid southern day. Even the mosquitoes were sweating! ;D We hunted for about 4 hours and recovered some pretty nice relics.
It took me 30 minutes to remove my soaking wet wedgie when I got home. Sorry, no picture of that. :tongue3:

Bob's finds were:
*1912 "V" nickel (lucky dog) :icon_thumleft:
*1912 & 1919 "S" wheats
*Two decorative buckles
*Pocket watch pieces

My finds were:
*1926 Merc (Yeah Baby!) :headbang:
*1913 Buff nickel
*Wheats- 1918 (x3), 1926
*.58 musket ball
*Coca Cola knife - The engraving & style look to be fairly old. Any idea on the age?
*Brass whistle w/ball still inside (cork?)
*Pocket watch pieces
*Asst'd crappe'

Thanks for looking & have a great weekend,
MM

Attachments

• DSCN3398.JPG
    DSCN3398.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,600
  • MVC-067S.JPG
    MVC-067S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,592
  • MVC-070S.JPG
    MVC-070S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,579
  • MVC-066S.JPG
    MVC-066S.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,576
  • MVC-069S.JPG
    MVC-069S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,582
  • MVC-068S.JPG
    MVC-068S.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,590
  • MVC-071S.JPG
    MVC-071S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,573
  • MVC-072S.JPG
    MVC-072S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,574
  • MVC-073S.JPG
    MVC-073S.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,567
Upvote 0
Re: 1905 House turns up more coins & relics

The pocket knife definately steals the show, although the coinage and buckles ain't bad either. :thumbsup:

I believe the knife is c1930. Third ad down on this link. http://www.greatlakeschapter.com/ads/all-ads-9.html
57c.jpg

Wet Wedgie.....HILARIOUS. :laughing7: "Dig a target....and tug.....dig a target.....and tug.....dig a target.....and tug."

Attachments

• 57c.jpg
    57c.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 926

Great finds.. Nice Cola knife.

72cheyenne said:
The pocket knife definately steals the show, although the coinage and buckles ain't bad either. :thumbsup:

I believe the knife is c1930. Third ad down on this link. http://www.greatlakeschapter.com/ads/all-ads-9.html

Wet Wedgie.....HILARIOUS. :laughing7: "Dig a target....and tug.....dig a target.....and tug.....dig a target.....and tug."

72-
That's the one!!! Thanks so much for that info & link. I couldn't find anything on it, but you pulled through. :icon_thumleft:

1930 Coca Cola knife one side stamped compliments of Coca Cola Bottling Co the other sold in bottles every where. Blade marked A Kastor Brothers N.Y. Listed in Petretti's 11th edition page 444 Item# PKP019000.
Price: $ 90.00

Thanks buddy.
I think next time out in this heat I'll just wear a super absorbent diaper. :tongue3:
-MM-

That is a very nice Variety I Buffalo and you can see just about the hole horn.That nickle is in very
good shape for it's age,you don't see them that nice everyday.I would say that your buffalo is
between $15 and $18 by the 2010 red book.Congrats on some very nice finds ModernMiner.

fortbball9

Great hunt and great pics. Lots of relics too :icon_thumleft:

excellent finds!! CONGRATS!

fortbball9 said:
That is a very nice Variety I Buffalo and you can see just about the hole horn.That nickle is in very
good shape for it's age,you don't see them that nice everyday.I would say that your buffalo is
between $15 and $18 by the 2010 red book.Congrats on some very nice finds ModernMiner.

fortbball9

Condition will drop the value to 5 to 10 $
but still an awesome representative of the type.
and a super find.

fortbball9 said:

fortbball9

Thanks FB.
I learn something new about coins all the time on this site. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Old Dog said:
fortbball9 said:

fortbball9

Condition will drop the value to 5 to 10 $
but still an awesome representative of the type.
and a super find.

So I went from $15-$18 to only $5-$10 already. I better rebury it and dig it up in another 100 years. :tongue3: ;D
I'll take a $5.00 nickel any day though.
Thanks Old Dog.
-MM-

Boobydoo said:
Nice assortment of finds, congrats my friend and thank you very much for not posting the wet wedgie pic.. ;D

Smiles!
BDoo

BDoo,
It is great to see you back on TN. We all miss your posts. You are the "terror of tot lots" as most recall. ;D :icon_thumleft:
I still have that ring you sent me for putting on the dress a few years ago. I'll never live that one down, and it scared the heck out of many, including my dog. :tongue3: :D
Those Michigan tot lots should be calling your name by now.
Thanks,
Doug

Doug,
Looks like I miss judged you. With the "hotter than heck" comment you made to be the other day I thought you would have your pansy @$$ inside sipping lemonade. :laughing7:

That Buffalo is a very good find. Early date and in great condition. :icon_sunny:

Bob

Mirage said:
Doug,
Looks like I miss judged you. With the "hotter than heck" comment you made to be the other day I thought you would have your pansy @$$ inside sipping lemonade. :laughing7:

That Buffalo is a very good find. Early date and in great condition. :icon_sunny:

Bob

Dude!!! I'm a manly man out digging in hot humid 100 degree weather. Besides, I had Bob right behing me spritzing my delicate skin with water, bug spray, and sunscreen. :tongue3:
I need to come up your way so I can enjoy that cool weather. :icon_thumleft:
-Manly Man Miner-

Beautiful job guys i knew you`d get out while i was gone. :thumbsup:
You did better than me last weekend.

Those are some awesome finds, but I gotta say, the best part about the whole post was the "asst'd crappe"!!

I've got an early CocaCola bottle opener close to that, "Drink Coka Cola, in bottles!"

I think you can get that pocket watch working again, LOL! Nice hunt and HH, Mike

Nice buff with a clear date Doug. The knife looks to be pretty old too. That may be a collector ::) I remember when whistles were common item as toys but not anymore. Is it brass? Can't help you with the wedgie :laughing7:

B|lker said:
Beautiful job guys i knew you`d get out while i was gone. :thumbsup:
You did better than me last weekend.

Thanks Bill.
We couldn't ley you have all the fun. ;D
-Doug-

jrsherman said:
Those are some awesome finds, but I gotta say, the best part about the whole post was the "asst'd crappe"!!

I've got an early CocaCola bottle opener close to that, "Drink Coka Cola, in bottles!"

Thanks JR. :icon_thumleft:
As soon as I dug up that knife and saw the style of lettering I knew it would be something cool.
-MM-

Bavaria Mike said:
I think you can get that pocket watch working again, LOL! Nice hunt and HH, Mike

Mike,
I about spit my coffee out this morning on that one. HILARIOUS!!! ;D
Thanks,
Doug

crazyjarhead said:
Nice buff with a clear date Doug. The knife looks to be pretty old too. That may be a collector ::) I remember when whistles were common item as toys but not anymore. Is it brass? Can't help you with the wedgie :laughing7:

Ron,
Yep, the whistle is brass. That's the first one I've ever found. Must have fell of a Colonial gym teacher? ??? :tongue3:
Thanks for NOT offering to help with the wedgie. I tied a rope to it then tied the other end to my truck bumper and had my wife pull it out. ;D
Have a great week buddy,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back