1905 Barber Dime, 1942 Merc, 1951 & 57 Rosie's, Plus Colonial Mix

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out detecting for a marathon 9 hr. day today in gorgeous Fall weather. Split the day between a colonial site then hiked over to a swimming hole. First time I have ever scored four silver dimes of three types in one day. Heading back out for another another long one tomorrow. Will probably go sweep up some easy 1900s silver again to alleviate the pain of low output colonial sites. I look at a lot of deep iron spikes and horseshoes that I do not post. Also loads of pre-1960 paper shotgun shell brass bases. The brass shell bases peg each side of 30 and land on the screen centerline as a perfect circle so I have to dig.

The Manticore performed well in the shadow of my region's largest cell tower and adjacent high power lines. Normally I run the sens up to 28 but at times today had to back down to 25. The noise reduction managed to squash the EMI chatter. The downside of running high sens and processing many targets over the course of a long day in the field is battery drain. I get about 6 hrs out of the fully charged Manticore. Thankfully the Pwr-Nox back up battery module keeps me juiced.

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 15
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 9
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Upvote 4
Very nice Congratulations..