1903s barber revealed

ddy58

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2011
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424409894.225677.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424409927.931224.jpg
Got around to cleaning up some of the last couple weeks finds and was rewarded with finding out what I had thought was a 1902s with a mintage of 2,070,000 was actually a 1903s! Mintage 613,000. Just had to soak some of the black crud off. Can't really tell in pic but liberty is clear to the naked eye. What would this coin grade?

Upvote 6
Wow that's a very low mintage coin! Glad you were able to make the date legible! A true rarity, great find! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

My best find is a 1903-S dime in VF30. Mine has no damage, amazingly. Found it in 1999, and nothing better since! Congrats on digging a key date.

I have one on my 1995 FXDWG. It commemorates the year( 1903 ) Harley Davidson was started. I keep a close eye on both the bike and the coin. :coins:

I found many barbers in this condition I find them in cole ash something in the cole ash pits them and turns them black and makes it very hard to clean and the the out come is so so but its still silver I hate that environmental damage...

If you send it in to be graded it will be returned with an environmental damage label. Make yourself a little electroplate unit, zap it, and add it to your collection as a very nice coin in dug condition.

Congrats! It might details out at a F12 or so, but it's hard to tell. As mentioned before, due to the cleaning and other damage price-wise may net out to a F02 or an AG3. A nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back