1856 House Yard Finds - 05-20-06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out a few spots today. The first spot I hit was some sidewalk tearups here in Muncie where they are redoing the 'projects.' I found 5 memorials and 1 wheat, a 1942D. Then I went and checked out a tiny, tiny front yard of a house that was built in 1901. I think it had been filled in. I only got 1 memorial out of it. Then I hit up a house that was built in 1856. The finds in the front yard were plentiful and the trash was very minimal. I finished the day with 45 memorials, 6 wheats (20, 29, 34, 37, and 44), an 1891 Indian Head Penny, 6 clad dimes, a 1944 Mercury Dime, my first ever Barber Dimes!!! :):):) They were 1898 and 1901 with no mintmarks, oh well on that. I also got 1 nickel and 3 clad quarters. Lots of coins for the day and my first ever Barbers. It was a great feeling to finally get one, and then to find my 2nd one just a foot away from it... wow! The deepest coin of the day was a wheat penny at 4", so ANY detector could have found these coins! Lee also found about 30 coins out of that front yard, including one 1942 Wheat penny.

05-20-06-02.JPG

05-20-06.JPG

Upvote 0
Nice job on the wheats and silver.That Indian head looks to have seen better days but it's still a great find.Congrats on your first Barber coins.Two none the less. HH!

Really nice coins!!!!
Especially those dimes!!

Joe

Great coins and nice going. Tsgman

Wow! Awesome finds!!!! :o

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back