1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye till April!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye 'till April!

Went to a site of a revolutionary war battle in hopes of finding cannonball number five to go along with the four my friends dug this weekend. No dice. Not any battle relics besides a round ball.

EastCoasthunter21 and I ran all over the hill like mountain goats on a backbreaking hunt. I dig score an exquisite seated quarter and a few bits and bobs. I'm curious to the age of the bent oval gold-faced cuff link. Any guesses is welcome but I'm suspecting earlier 19th century. Enjoy! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549354.433838.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549364.256607.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549372.442187.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549385.965626.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549396.873300.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549407.909617.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452549417.464860.jpg

Enjoy. This is probably my last post until April. I have a major exam approaching and the ground is freezing, so I'm signing off with hunts. Good luck and happy hunting

Steve

Upvote 32
What is that, 163 year old silver? Congrats!

Unlimited tonnage Oceans. Any ship - anywhere. Even Canada! Lol

You'll be gobsmacked at the beauty of the St Lawrence and the Thousand Islands if come up this way. But make it in the good weather. :)

2v1pugk.jpg

That is one awesome coin. Congrats. I'm hoping at least one seated anything got lost up this way for me to find someday! [emoji106]

That's a nice one Steve... Congratulations on another great find[emoji106]

1853 seated lib. and more - Goodbye 'till April!

You'll be gobsmacked at the beauty of the St Lawrence and the Thousand Islands if come up this way. But make it in the good weather. :)

View attachment 1259592

Oh it's so beautiful up that way. I've spent some time in Alexandria Bay - one of the most beautiful areas I've been. Every time I go I want to move there! ...of course I've only been there in summer;)

Last edited:
Great stories sir!!! Enjoyed reading all your post!! Us too are waiting for spring!:sadsmiley:

Great looking seated scrap! Thought it was another goffer kick out! Lol! Best to you on the exam!

What is that, 163 year old silver? Congrats!
Thanks for looking man. Yep, it's easy to just say 1853(or whatever date) but when you add up the actual number of years, and what it was like back then, it's quite humbling.
That is one awesome coin. Congrats. I'm hoping at least one seated anything got lost up this way for me to find someday! [emoji106]
Thanks, the condition is quite nice. I'm sure a seated or two is awaiting you...perhaps worn from a saddle bag and trade...but it gonna find ya!
That's a nice one Steve... Congratulations on another great find[emoji106]
Thanks a lot. A nice enough find that I figured I'll quit for the season while I'm ahead!
Great stories sir!!! Enjoyed reading all your post!! Us too are waiting for spring!:sadsmiley:
Thanks Basque - I enjoyed finding them as well! I'll be looking for your continued great finds this spring!

Sweet seated Scrapster but i like that link a lot:headbang:

Overnight the weather turned here for the winter..

~Blaze~

NICE FINDS SCRAP ....
Thanks for looking Sut!
Sweet seated Scrapster but i like that link a lot:headbang:

Overnight the weather turned here for the winter..

~Blaze~

It's a cool link - need to research more when I'm done studying tonight. And yes, Winter lockdown has begun. Sigh...

Great looking Seated Quarter! I also like that NYC Fire Dept button or pin. Look forward to seeing your posts again in the spring. Best of luck. Andy

Great looking Seated Quarter! I also like that NYC Fire Dept button or pin. Look forward to seeing your posts again in the spring. Best of luck. Andy

Thanks for looking DD. let's hope for an early spring!!

Beautiful seated Steve!

Thanks, she's a beauty. Part of me almost wants to get it graded for S & giggles. I've only dug two Seated quarters and both have been exceptional - just must be the luck of the draw

Wow, she is sweet, nice detail.
GOLD and silver, nice! :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back