1800s Diamond Ring - info wanted!

clairelise808

Oct 16, 2024
Hi! I’m new here so not sure if I’m posting in the right place. My boyfriend bought me this ring today and we’d like to learn more about it. The antique shop lady said it’s from 1800s and these are mine cut diamonds. Any more info would be wonderful! Thank you!

IMG_3424.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3423.jpeg
    IMG_3423.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 12
Very nice gift. I'm thinking its a 19th century ring, but I've been lead to believe those as being rose cut diamonds.

Attachments

• Antique-Vintage-Diamond-Cuts_all-wr.jpg
    Antique-Vintage-Diamond-Cuts_all-wr.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Upvote 2
Welcome to Tnet.

It's a nice ring and the stones could well be mine-cut. The facets are large and the central stone in particular obviously lacks symmetry.

Are there any marks on the ring?

Upvote 0
Hi! I’m new here so not sure if I’m posting in the right place. My boyfriend bought me this ring today and we’d like to learn more about it. The antique shop lady said it’s from 1800s and these are mine cut diamonds. Any more info would be wonderful! Thank you!

View attachment 2174445
Easiest way of getting clarification is to visit a pawn, jewelry store.
They're very knowledgeable in what a diamond is, and the type of setting.
Looking at the setting of the stones I have some reservations.

Upvote 0
Any markings on the inside of the band? Also member ARC is pretty good with jewelry. Maybe a few more pics of the settings from other angles and he might know some info if he sees this

Upvote 1

View attachment 2174445
yea it’s a Fugazi( Donnie Brasco) ! I’m kidding welcome it is nice ring hope it is real.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back