1794 Half Cent!

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out today and hunted around an 1840’s house that sits on the burned foundation of a much earlier house. About ten minutes after I walked into the front yard I got an iffy signal and I decided to dig it. There was a nail in the hole and I thought that was it, but when I checked the hole again something good was still in the there. After checking again, I found this 1794 half cent, this is the oldest US coin I’ve ever found, it was a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 92
I got out today and hunted around an 1840’s house that sits on the burned foundation of a much earlier house. About ten minutes after I walked into the front yard I got an iffy signal and I decided to dig it. There was a nail in the hole and I thought that was it, but when I checked the hole again something good was still in the there. After checking again, I found this 1794 half cent, this is the oldest US coin I’ve ever found, it was a great day!
On a scale of 1-10 of coolness, I give 20. Congrats!!!!

I would have fainted if I would have pulled something out that awesome.

That is a great find - 1794 Liberty Cap Half Cent. I have found 25 half cents and none of them are Capped Bust.

Last edited:
That is a great find - 1794 Capped Bust Half Cent. I have found 25 half cents and none of them are Capped Bust.
Thanks Steve, I’ve only found 3 in 46 years of relic hunting and this one is the first capped bust.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back