177+++ Bullets today! YES IN ONE DAY...

L

lovedigging

I really don't know where to start, except to say WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY! Went back to the spot where I dug 106 relics in a 10' spot last week. This time I took my brother so he could share some of the fun with me. We had a blast today! We got started at 6:30 am, and by 9:30 am we had dug 75 bullets between us. At that point, I said "we should go for 100" and he agreed. We were very fortunate to find a couple of really hot spots in this location and the numbers just kept climbing. At the end of an 8 hour day of digging, I had 103 bullets, an eagle breast plate, a NY button, and quite a few pieces of melted lead. My brother, David, had 74 bullets, an eagle button, and also quite a few pieces of melted lead. I guess that horseshoe we found brought us a lot of luck! Needless to say my back is killing me, but after a day like this it was well worth the effort. I don't think we'll ever be able to top this day..... but we'll be back out there trying soon!
The first picture is of our combined efforts shortly after we dug them. The other 2 are my finds after I cleaned them up. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 3,565
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,572
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,551
Upvote 0
Re: 103+++ Bullets today!

WOW, you better watch and make sure you aren't followed when you go back to that hot spot. DANG!!!

DANGLANGLEY

Certainly the most bullets I've ever seen dug in one hunt. Awesome.!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

YOU ARE MY NEW HERO......... :thumbsup: Let me know if you need some Help.... :D

All I can say is "WOW"

TC and DC looks like you had a great day! I enjoyed the updates throughout my day of powerpoints!
Don't pay any attention to that little black box with the blinking light attached with velcro to your truck's bumper.....it is just a new easy pass I am testing........
Keep at it, there's something big in that spot, I can just feel it.
DG

Way to go Those are great finds.
Dman

very excellent!

HH
-GC

Thanks to my brother for allowing me to tag along with him yesterday. We had a GREAT time. We were constantly digging!!!! I must say though, that we did have to work at it. We hunted in a area which had very few "open" spots. The weeds and TONS of poison ivy were pretty tall. Usually when you found one bullet, you could pick up a handfull in the same general area and then move on to find the next hot spot. Most of the time we were kicking the weeds down and the brush out of the way to be able to get the machine close enough to the ground. The TICKS were also REALLY bad, the ones with the white spots on their backs, and the ones the size of a pinhead were everywhere!!! I constantly feel like I have them crawling on me now. :P

I have added a few additional pictures from our hunt.

ALL of the bullets that we foundP1010011a.JPG

A carved bullet that I found. Appears to have been a Sharps. P1010013a.JPG

An unidentified "button" that my brother found . Were not sure what this one is. Any ideas??? P1010021a.JPG

All of my finds cleaned up.The top right is a pair of scissors. Theres an eagle button, a "grape" shot, some knapsack rivets, some belt rivets, and tons of melted lead. Cleaned.JPG

You sure got a lot of bullets out of that spot! Congratulations on the relics! :thumbsup:

Nice collection of lead. You are a long way from finished with that site. Hang in there, more plates to follow and a few good buttons, maybe.

Holy snot!! That is an incredible amount of finds! Congrats to you both! The poison ivy and ticks would have kept some of us from finishing the job but you guys hung in there and brought back LOTS of goodies! Amazing!

WOW :o

Nice job you guys..I have NEVER seen so many bullets in one place..nice relics as well!

Congrats on a fabulous hunt!

Nat

WOW!!!! that is an awesome day of relic hunting for sure. I am hoping that I can find a breast plate soon, LOL

Great job, now continue to pound that site, I know there has to be a buckle or boxplate somewhere.

Holy Bullets, Batman. That is a great haul and a great day. Great Pics. I would cover every square inch of that place, there has got to be more relics there.

i saw bullets like those going for 15 for 5 on ebay

Sounds to me like you found an area that has never been easy to hunt and therefore created a small virgin area that you guys have lucked onto. You might want to look around for any areas nearby that look real difficult too. You know, big patch of briars, deadfall, creek, etc. Bet those areas will produce like that too.

UP...did you hear that!? That was me....falling onto the floor after seeing all those finds! :D

:o OH MY GOSH, YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just AWESOME!!! :o

Many congrats on those finds!!!! Nana :o

Nana40 said:
UP...did you hear that!? That was me....falling onto the floor after seeing all those finds! :D

:o OH MY GOSH, YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just AWESOME!!! :o

Many congrats on those finds!!!! Nana :o
Nana, Didn't mean for you to pass out. :) Thanks to you and everyone else for the replies. I hope we are able to post more soon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back