10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ Its Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

Hello My Friends!

Before I start my post, I want to share a post I just made in the Video section of our forum. It's for my friends who can't hunt due to the weather right now. I've compiled a bunch of videos that captured some of my hunts last year, and in '07. Enjoy whenever you want that "deep silver" fix!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just click the link below. ** UPDATE **: I added 6 more Videos to the link below. More to Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,214216.msg1544486.html#msg1544486

I'm really sorry to hear that the weather in some States has been so miserable. :'( I know many of you aren't even thinking about taking your machines out of the closet until warmer conditions are approaching. Here in S. Cal, I don't think we'll get any Winter this year. The Santa Ana winds, which are making my allergies terrible, are kicking up again today, and it should be 80 degrees by Friday.

Along with the great S. CA weather, my detecting month of January was very respectable, even though the parks I detected at this month have been heavily pillaged Explorer'd parks. I never expected to do so well, and am very content to find what I did. Last Sunday, I met a hunting buddy at the same park we hunted the day before, and I ended up with 4 silver, which included a Rosie, a chopped gopher mound Merc, a chopped '40 Washington, and a small sterling ring. This park must not have been detected for a while. I can tell based on the amount of clad quarters I found there, which was around 75 (I never pass up quarter signals), in addition to 2 tarnished Sacajawea dollars laying on top of each other a couple of inches under the surface. This park, however, contains the most lawnmower chopped coins than any park I've detected. :o >:( Sometimes I challenge myself to try and find the other piece of chopped silver or wheatie, but I usually come up empty. This week, I've only been able to get out for a couple short hunts, and did better than I expected.

For all my Tnet Friends who are not able to get out detecting, I'll try to keep the silver flowing for you in Feb. I'm probably going to be trying some parks I never detected before, so we'll see what happens. But you can be sure I'll be going back to the pillaged parks also...there's always something good left to be found no matter how hard they've been worked over.

Thanks for looking.
Keep The Passion High!! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3338_sm.jpg
    IMG_3338_sm.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_3340_sm.jpg
    IMG_3340_sm.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_3337_sm.jpg
    IMG_3337_sm.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 997
Upvote 0
Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

halfdime said:
Here's my title: 10 more inches!! 33 degrees ~ January stinks ~ Nothing to see! At least we can enjoy, vicariously, what you're doing!

;D ;D ;D ;D That was funny, Henry! Hang in there....I want to see more Silver Farm finds when the weather gets warmer for you.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilation!!

seger98 said:
Congratulations on the silver, it amazes me how many cut coins you find out there!

Chris

Thanks, Chris!! Yeah, there's quite a few in the parks I hunt. With all them I have found, I've only been able to find two halves of the same silver coin twice in two years.

silverfreak said:
I'm sitting under 10" of snow right now ???
I'm glad you are keeping the silver flow going my friend. At least I can spend some time cleaning off my coils and machines. :icon_sunny:
Congrats on all the shiny stuff :thumbsup:

Bryce, I think by the time you're able to get out there and swing your coil, you're going to have the best looking detectors in IL! :wink: ;D Thanks, Buddy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~ Lil' Nicky ~ said:
10-12 inches of fresh snow yesterday ~ thanks for thinking of us Dan ... :tongue3:

Beautiful as usual ~ Continue to Persevere ~ Nick

Thanks, Nick!! Whoa.....so you just got an F75? Very nice!! What happened to your GT?

Wow! Getting me all fired up here Capt.! Great going!

Thanks, LowBatts!! Isn't it Spring time yet? ;D

Congratulations. I've been hunting avidly since 1994 and I've never found a clipped coin. Wonder what made people clip them.

Thanks, Catfish!! People didn't clip the coins...the lawnmowers did. They've been doing it on a weekly basis here in S. CA for the past 40+ years.

I've never found a clipped coin either. I believe the culprits are lawnmowers.

You are right, Terpfan!! :thumbsup:

NICE silver! Still dreaming of getting out this year...

Thanks, Beetle!! One thing about that dream of yours...it will come true!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aa battery said:
dango good finds :thumbsup:

Thanks, AA !! Let's see another dug Walker!! :thumbsup:

ya waiting to get out too. nice 36 quarter! willy.

Thanks, Willy. Seems like you're in the majority. So many md'ers just waiting!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Killing it, :D ;D :thumbsup: Keep Thinking of us cause this Snow is driving me up the wall...!! ??? :-\ :-[

Keep @ it and HH!!

Thanks, MUD!! I will be thinking of you....hope you got a chance to check out the Videos I posted!!

kimsdad said:
Great finds once again, Dan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the videos! :wink:

No beginning in sight here for hunting weather, so reliving the dream through vids will have to do... :(
Neil

UPDATE:
I couldn't wait - I've already watched half the vids. Wow! Thanks for taking me along. Nice Walker! ;D

UPDATE:
Watched them all. Excellent videos! Thanks for including the target sounds!

Hey, Thanks Neil!! Glad you enjoyed the videos. As for the sounds, my threshold tone is at 5, variability/limits are both set to Max(10), gain is at 8.

Detectingfreak said:
Yet again Dan seems to amaze me! Another great day of getting silver and wheats!!!! :)

Thanks, DF. I hope I can continue to amaze you throughout the year. Good luck on your next hunt!! Let's see some SILVER!! :thumbsup:

Yeah well our clipped coins are all from SNOWBLOWERS!

Good to know. Thanks, Piercesdad!

ModernMiner said:
Dan,
Congrats on another successful outing. Nice ring Dude. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great videos. I have some popcorn popping right now so I can take them all in. :wink:
-Doug-

Thanks, Doug!! I'm glad you enjoyed someone finding the silver. ;D ;D....It's your turn now!! :thumbsup:

kdismuke1 said:
congrats on the great finds. best of luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kdismuke1! Best of luck to you too!! :thumbsup:

t-bucket said:
Congrats on the silver, Dan we just got hit with 11" of snow and ice !!! Thanks for posting the videos now I have something to watch this weekend.Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! Dang....11 inches? You're going to be real good with your camera by the time you're swinging again! ;D :thumbsup:

Super finds. I hope I can get out next week when the weather warms up.
Dman

Thanks, Dman! I'd love to see some of your finds if you can get out!

rtde3 said:
Just came in from chipping the ice off my side walk! ::)
Glad to see someone is out finding the good stuff!
Congrats Captn!

Rob, sorry to hear of such bleak conditions there. Hope the weather give you a reprieve soon.

DigginThePast said:
Congrats on the silver. Looks like Edward Scissorhands was counting his change at your site. :D

Thanks, Diggin'!! There's plenty of Scissorhands around here!

RONC(OR) said:
Thats IT I am moving back to SOCal Just Kidding nice finds I like the marbles also great silver Congrats :thumbsup:

Ron, stay where you are...there's nothing left here. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :tongue3: I'm always wondering what the chances are of finding a marble in my plug. It's a bonus when I find one.

gold nuggets said:
Congratulations on yet another great batch of silver and wheats Dan!! :thumbsup:
Glad your weather has been warm but sad your allergies are acting up. :'(
Keep the coil swinging and look forward to your next post. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks, Richard! Yeah, the allergies are definitely acting up right now. Hope you were able to watch the videos.

Congrats again Dan on all of your silver and wheat finds,really enjoyed watching your video's. Continued Success throughout the New Year.

topdog said:
Congrats again Dan on all of your silver and wheat finds,really enjoyed watching your video's. Continued Success throughout the New Year.

Thanks, TopDog!! Glad you liked them....Hey, I added 6 more....Check them out when you get a chance!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I don't know what's worse, having lots of snow or the way it has been here this winter, cold, snow, then it warms up to the 40's and 50's, then cold again. It sure is hard not to pull out the detector on the warmer days, but the groung is still frozen solid. Nice looking silver Dan.

Big E

Real nice finds! WTG! :thumbsup:

Hey Dan are those pieces of 8 or just pieces of pennies? :tongue3: Wow killer finds again my friend. Send some of those Southern Cal winds our way please....with warmth attached! It was 5 degrees today with a stiff breeze....All I can say is I hate winter.....Oh did I tell you....I hate winter...by the way....I hate....well you get the point...Nice finds again, Congrats....JGAS...

Re: 10 More Silver!! 33 Wheaties ~ It's Been A Great January ~ Video Compilatio

WTG on all that nice silver!!!! I wish the ground was that soft in this area. The ground here is hard from lack of water. HH!!!

Super finds Dan, Keep up the good work. We have that 11 inches of snow and sleet here too. Glad I got a silver fix before the nasty weather hit, chiseled one merc out of the frost. HH
JDD

Nice finds, Captn. You always take such great pictures. The close-ups of your silvers always come out really clear. Tell me, what model camera do you have?

Bob

skierbob said:
Nice finds, Captn. You always take such great pictures. The close-ups of your silvers always come out really clear. Tell me, what model camera do you have?

Bob

Thanks again, Everyone, for all the responses. It sounds like the majority of you are plain fed up with the weather conditions. :'( :-[ I will wish for warmer/dryer conditions for all of you. :thumbsup:

Bob, the camera I use is the Canon PowerShot SD550.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

One of my best Jan's as well :thumbsup:

Hey Dan,
It's good to see a compilation of your videos all here in one place! Not that many videos have the level of quality in the presentation that yours have. Jon's narrations are the absolute best! I kid you not, if you and Jon got together to produce a DVD (I could edit it/Without the music of course, and free of charge)...and marketed said DVD............I guarantee you it would be a seller. There is no question about it.

WTG on the silver and other finds. A 3 inch brick chisel and a 3 pound sledge can handle any kind of ground you have......NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back