1 hour hunt, 925 ring and a broken detector

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!

A rare weeknight hunt today, had two hours to get out so I headed for the nearby elementary school to try to new/old Garrett machine in the grassy areas. (I have pillaged the woodchips there last summer and this already) This is the school that I had my photo taken that ended up on the cover of the Feb 2007 Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine. I have had a lot of good luck there too, in the chips and the grassy areas.

The ole Garrett's work well in the grassy areas too and like usual, I was hunting all metal, no disc and digging it all, because I love finding that gold! No gold today though but a nice little 925 ring was found and a sterling shield with a prayer on back, Joshua 1:9 from the bible. Some other nice goodies were found too.

The bad news, after 1 hour and 1 minute, the new/old Garrett TR machine stopped working. The batteries only have about 5 hours on them. It started pulsing funny, then made a solid signal for a minute which gradually faded into silence? I will have to get inside and try to suss it out? Bummer :'(

Oh well, an hour hunt, a beautiful day, two nice keepers, and a religous medalian plus 45 coins for a face value of $4.72. Only 7 pennies! So it was great hour!! Yes, I can hunt the grass too, not only the woodchips, and I am still fairly efficient there too. I am a swinging and digging madman out there no matter where I am at ;D

Thanks for reading, HH to all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Here's some photos of today's finds.

about 40 or 50 pieces of trash

Trash.jpg

Todays Finds
27AUG07 T.jpg
27AUG07 F.jpg

The sterling ring
925 Ring .jpg

Upvote 0
Leon said:
Very nice haul BDoo, WTG!!!
I'd put some new batteries in that machine, being that old, it may have just sucked the life out of those batteries.
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Actually, I think it is a battery or battery connection thing as Mike said too.
Thanks for the read and comment Leon, good luck to you too!

Smiles!
BDoo

stoney56 said:
Darn BDoo, hopefully it's something simple. Good luck. If not, you'll have to bury it with full honors. :)

I'll get it fixed one way or another, it hasn't hardly been used at all, hardly a scratch on it. Thanks for the support!!

Smiles!
BDoo

soar697877 said:
Nice finds ! Must be nice to go out & dig stuff other than mainly pennies.

I really really hate those corroded zinc pennies around here,HaHa. Great Job !!!

I just chuck out the really corroded ones in the trash after I clean everything at home, useless. Thanks Soar!

Smiles!
BDoo

Prober said:
Geeze Bobby, you killed it already! Drag the back up out as it has done you proud in the past and get back out there. Super sweet finds you got there, as usual. Those kids must get better allowances than the kids around here. Congrats again on the nice finds.

This particular school has been really good for me, lots of finds every time out there. Hope you hit it big next time out. Good luck Bob!

Smiles!
BDoo

aa battery said:
HI Bobby do you think you could post a pic of that Garrett i would like to see it :) AA

Attachments

• New Trusty.jpg
    New Trusty.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 278
  • New Trusty.jpg
    New Trusty.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 280
DFX-Gregg said:
Hey...are you sticking your middle finger up at us in that picture! :D Great hour...bad news on the detector...

Thanks Greg!! It's my ring finger but it does look funny. I'll doo better with the next gold ring ;D

Smiles!
BDoo

Natman said:
I think the detector did itself in. It found out about those 200+ coin days and knew its days were numbered ;D

Seriously, I hope it's an easy fix!

Good luck,
Nat

Thanks Nat!!! We'll see if I can keep the 200 + streak going tomorrow, supposed to be a nice morning and day!! Good luck to you too!

Smiles!
BDoo

BIG61AL said:
Sounds like a micro circuit failed. Old style transistors had their faults but they were built a lot sturdier with heavier components.

If so, I'll be sending it into the docs for a fix up.
Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gibbsium said:
Neat ring, you'll have to give that detector a decent burial, it gave all it had for you :)

Well, not quite, I have only used it for 6 hours so far... but I have the original ole trusty still. ;D Thanks for stopping in!

Smiles!
BDoo

ModernMiner said:
BDoo,
Sorry to hear about the vintage Garrett. Hopefully you'll get it up and running soon.
I can picture you now swinging two vintage Garretts at the same time. ;D You would be deadly. ;)
Congrats on the great finds.
-MM-

And dig with my...
;D

Thanks MM, stay away from those bees... and I will too. That was a good wake up call. Sorry it happened though.

Smiles!
BDoo

DFX-Gregg said:
Boobydoo said:
DFX-Gregg said:
Hey...are you sticking your middle finger up at us in that picture! :D Great hour...bad news on the detector...

Hi Greg
Thanks! I'll get the detector going again one way or another, no big deal.
I have my trusty ole one and five others to play with.

actually, it's my ring finger, not the middle. :)

Smiles!
BDoo

How many fingers you got..oh 5! ;D :D

four actually, and a thumb ;D

Nice finds BDoo---Congrats---Hope it is an easy fix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back