$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

Maybe you can ask you friend Jim to decipher them for you. You'll get two very different, very exciting stories, I'm sure.

af1733 said:
Maybe you can ask you friend Jim to decipher them for you. You'll get two very different, very exciting stories, I'm sure.

inconclusively... inconclusively... 14 whole letters. Wow.

anyway, It's not like my friend has MPD (multiple personality disorder), he just acts differently while in public. he (not jim) is also an experienced dowser, but he normally looks at everything in a more scientific way. but when he's (jim) in public he tries to be more decisive and elaborate. (i assume this is because he doesn't want people to think he's retarded)

Gluk said:
af1733 said:

inconclusively... inconclusively... 14 whole letters. Wow.

anyway, It's not like my friend has MPD (multiple personality disorder), he just acts differently while in public. he (not jim) is also an experienced dowser, but he normally looks at everything in a more scientific way. but when he's (jim) in public he tries to be more decisive and elaborate. (i assume this is because he doesn't want people to think he's retarded)
Wow, man. I'm not sure if you or your friend Jim has more issues.
You said:
Gluk said:
i've decided to ignore af's excessively long, and inconclusively desperate posts.
And I said:
af1733 said:

Out and about today, Looking for sites to explore, talked with a old fellow for a long time, got some good info about the area and who to see. So I started talking about dowsing, then I got my gear out, and while he wasn't noticing what I was doing, I hid my ring behind a bush along side my car. He said he has heard that people can dowse, so I cranked on the duck and let him try my L-rods, he walked a partial circle and when he was along side the bush, the L-rods crossed in his hands, He said "what does this mean?" I smilied, walked over, picked up my ring and said you've found the ring I hid by the bush.! No test, but a Good DEMO ! And he said to come back and I can park in his yard if I want to go dowsing around the area!!

You sure change your story a lot Af. Many times before you've posted things like this, "If you want to present information that supports your argument, then it is up to you to find this proof." Proving that you won't find anything for yourself, now when faced with this fact you've changed to "I've looked for your study..."?

This one is ammusing,

"Oh, you've 'looked at things.' Well, that's good."

What did you expect me to do with these things? Print them off, cover them in syrup and eat them? Of course I looked at them and if I have to clarify this for you...I also read them!

"Allow me to translate: "I can't find the study I talked about, but I can't tell them that.... Hmmm...I'll just act huffy like they're wasting my time." Try again, Sandy..."

"Man, you're pretty awful about following directions, aren't you?"

"You dare me? How old are you, anyway, 9? Your excuse for the longest time is that having skeptics around usurps your dowsing ability. Now you dare me to disprove something you said? Fine, take Randi's challenge. You can have Carl's $100 for travel expenses and my $10 for your lunch. I double dare you..."

"Nice tap dance." Af, why do you do this? When your dishonesty is proven, when your faced with the fact that you ignorantly lie about people...why do you bring yourself down the way you do? I "dared" (ooo, I must be a child!) you to support your statement and you can not because it was a lie from the start...so you just go back to insulting me, straying from subject, and attempt to lead people from noticing your fault?

I'll take Carls test if Carl will come to my home, I am quite sure that when with such a person I would not be able to dowse, but perhaps it would work. I would not have the test be ten plates with gold in them...I don't dowse for gold.

But I can't at this time leave for a vacation and won't be able to in the near future due to my studies...so I am sorry for that.

"In your thread 'There is a Viking Ship in my yard!' you failed to present any proof (evidence) that there was a Viking Ship (or any ship for that matter) actually buried in your yard."

Did I ever expect you to believe it? This is a dowsing forum, this ship I have dowsed, so I posted it...of course I'm not going to dig it up, it's in the middle of my drive way.

I just searched through my computer and I don't have pictures of my artifacts anymore since the computer was fixed and they've been deleated. This weekend I should be able to post them for you...but do not tell me I am lying when I say I have much more then a novelty item.

Sandsted said:
You sure change your story a lot Af. Many times before you've posted things like this, "If you want to present information that supports your argument, then it is up to you to find this proof." Proving that you won't find anything for yourself, now when faced with this fact you've changed to "I've looked for your study..."?
What fact are you referring to, Sandy? Is it in the mysterious missing study?
Sandsted said:
"Nice tap dance." Af, why do you do this? When your dishonesty is proven, when your faced with the fact that you ignorantly lie about people...why do you bring yourself down the way you do? I "dared" (ooo, I must be a child!) you to support your statement and you can not because it was a lie from the start...so you just go back to insulting me, straying from subject, and attempt to lead people from noticing your fault?
So, are you saying that you've never once stated that you can't take a test like Carl or Randi's because having a skeptic around makes it so you can't dowse?
Sandsted said:
I'll take Carls test if Carl will come to my home, I am quite sure that when with such a person I would not be able to dowse, but perhaps it would work. I would not have the test be ten plates with gold in them...I don't dowse for gold.
He'd have to hide a Viking ship under a plate for you to take the test? Or would you have to locate an object that can't be dug up to prove your "ability"?
Sandsted said:
This is a dowsing forum, this ship I have dowsed, so I posted it...of course I'm not going to dig it up, it's in the middle of my drive way.

I just searched through my computer and I don't have pictures of my artifacts anymore since the computer was fixed and they've been deleated.
Both very handy for you, I'm sure...

Sandsted said:
"Your excuse for the longest time is that having skeptics around usurps your dowsing ability."

This is quite simple Af, if I have said this...then quote it so that I know that I have. But I believe I haven't and if I'm right, then you are once again lying about me. What's the truth Af?
Okay Sandy, you asked for it. All these quotes were taken from your posts in this thread:

In response to these stupid challenges, I think it would be hard to work under a test, where someone is judging you, testing you. If you were near me I could teach you to dowse, I could show you things, but a test is hard.

But I can not pass the test, I don't think I could dowse correctly when under a test like that.

Anyway, to make it clear I really don't think I could dowse under the pressure of being tested by someone. I tried it once when I was first learning to dowse and it was really hard which I didn't expect and it hurt my confidence which then I couldn't dowse for a long time afterwards. I had to practice and work real hard for a long time to be able to do anything again.

I can dowse like this and have done it before, but under the circumstances of having someone so skeptical there and under the pressure of having to prove yourself to them…I just can’t dowse.

It's very easy to make mistakes with dowsing. If I were under the conditions of a test I wouldn't be able to dowse. I wouldn't call it a nervousness, but it is a lack of confidence due to my lack of experience.

Now...my problem is that...I find it very difficult to dowse under the conditions of having someone there that believes you’re lying, that believes this is all a fake and they strongly believe you are going to fail. I can't dowse like that. I also know that the minds of others around you can affect the dowsing.

Call me a liar again... ::)

Oh, and I know where your stone is, too. I believe you called it the remains of "camel dung" in your "There is a Viking Ship In my yard" post...

af1733 said:
Sandsted said:
"Your excuse for the longest time is that having skeptics around usurps your dowsing ability."

This is quite simple Af, if I have said this...then quote it so that I know that I have. But I believe I haven't and if I'm right, then you are once again lying about me. What's the truth Af?
Okay Sandy, you asked for it. All these quotes were taken from your posts in this thread:

In response to these stupid challenges, I think it would be hard to work under a test, where someone is judging you, testing you. If you were near me I could teach you to dowse, I could show you things, but a test is hard.

But I can not pass the test, I don't think I could dowse correctly when under a test like that.

Anyway, to make it clear I really don't think I could dowse under the pressure of being tested by someone. I tried it once when I was first learning to dowse and it was really hard which I didn't expect and it hurt my confidence which then I couldn't dowse for a long time afterwards. I had to practice and work real hard for a long time to be able to do anything again.

I can dowse like this and have done it before, but under the circumstances of having someone so skeptical there and under the pressure of having to prove yourself to them…I just can’t dowse.

It's very easy to make mistakes with dowsing. If I were under the conditions of a test I wouldn't be able to dowse. I wouldn't call it a nervousness, but it is a lack of confidence due to my lack of experience.

Now...my problem is that...I find it very difficult to dowse under the conditions of having someone there that believes you’re lying, that believes this is all a fake and they strongly believe you are going to fail. I can't dowse like that. I also know that the minds of others around you can affect the dowsing.

Call me a liar again... ::)

Maby I'm takng this out of Context af,
or missing it.

Just where is he callng you a Liar ?

If you see any posts calling you a liar,
please Highlight the sentence, & I'll remove the post.

Jeff

Sandsted said:
You, Carl, Randi, and Trips do not fit into this category...it is the people like you that I find it impossible to dowse around. Skeptics are not a negative influence, people like yourself are...people that don't care to learn, people that have made premature conclusions that due to their attitudes will never change, people that instead of debating a subject sink to lying about people, insulting them, and make false accusations along with all of this. I would not even like to be around such people, much less dowse with them.
Here's one post, Jeff, back on page 7, and there are a couple of other inferences as well,
Sandsted said:
as well as lots of talk about false accusations on my part, but I really don't have any desire for you to remove the post, if that's okay.

Sandy saying that I'm "once again lying" about him infers that I have lied about him prior to that post. I just wanted him to see that I was quite aware of what I was saying.

I stand by my Statement.

Any Accusations of Lying Get deleted, along with the Complete Post.

Folks, please take another look at the title of this thread. I repeat -- I started it looking for dowsers who are willing to undergo scientific scrutiny, show they can do what they claim, and get a million dollars for their efforts. It was not meant to be a debate on whether dowsing works or not -- there are other threads that go into that.

Can we (after what, 15 pages) get back onto topic? If you can dowse, wonderful. Would you like a chance to use it to make a million dollars? (I'm not even asking a finder's fee!)

If you can't dowse, this thread isn't for you.

If you can dowse, but either can't or won't demonstrate it under the controlled environment of the "Randi Challenge," this thread isn't for you.

This thread was only meant to look for those who can dowse and are willing to undergo the "Randi Challenge." So far, only Musstag has shown an interest in doing so, and that was quite some time ago. Everyone else is either saying "I can but won't," "I can't," or "it can't be done." ENOUGH! There are other threads for those debates.

LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC! Can you dowse? Can you do it repeatedly? Can you do it under controlled circumstances? Do you want to make an easy million? If the answers to all of these are "yes," then you are the one I was trying to find! If any of the answers is "no," then why are you here?

"Then he tells me that he can only perform with like-minded individuals and friends around."

I may be mistaken because I don't remember everything I've ever said...but have I said this?

"Folks, please take another look at the title of this thread. I repeat -- I started it looking for dowsers who are willing to undergo scientific scrutiny, show they can do what they claim, and get a million dollars for their efforts. It was not meant to be a debate on whether dowsing works or not -- there are other threads that go into that."

Captain it has also been stated that this thread was only meant to make it aware to dowsers that there are monetary based challenges out there where they can easily make 25,000 to 1,000,000 dollars. This has been done, if this was your purpose and the only purpose you care about then you don't have to read this stuff...I don't know if I'd care to much longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Captian, what would be the limit of what is dowsing? i.e. some people would say that dowsers already knew what they were dowsing for and just adjust the dowsing mechanism to the correct answer. Would it be alright if i memorized a phonebook and asked to be tested on a random number?

I am not about to lie.

Af lives in wisconsin
Sand-home eats print-offs of dowsing studies covered with syrup.
Musstag hates this section of the forum to the piont of smashing his computer.
                         (see, he hasn't even posted since his last post  :D)
and jeff won't draw unnecessary conclusions about me reguarding this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back