mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was too shocked to do a gold dance when I pulled these out of the hole. With a shallow, 8 on my Nox I almost didn't dig what turned out to be one of my best finds ever: gold, intact, cufflinks with the Tudor rose. A little research I think they are mid 1700's, not military but someone important. The bend on one was NOT my shovel but was existing.
IMG_9414.jpg
IMG_9420.jpg
IMG_9419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 92
I was too shocked to do a gold dance when I pulled these out of the hole. With a shallow, 8 on my Nox I almost didn't dig what turned out to be one of my best finds ever: gold, intact, cufflinks with the Tudor rose. A little research I think they are mid 1700's, not military but someone important. The bend on one was NOT my shovel but was existing.View attachment 2121402View attachment 2121403View attachment 2121404
gorgeous. Congratulations
Merry Christmas!!

Just noticed what looks like a marking on the edge that is bent. Could that be a maker's mark? It would be cool if you could trace them back to a goldsmith.

:occasion14:

Last edited:
I was too shocked to do a gold dance when I pulled these out of the hole. With a shallow, 8 on my Nox I almost didn't dig what turned out to be one of my best finds ever: gold, intact, cufflinks with the Tudor rose. A little research I think they are mid 1700's, not military but someone important. The bend on one was NOT my shovel but was existing.View attachment 2121402View attachment 2121403View attachment 2121404
Beautiful BANNER worthy find. Congrats

Thanks Crusader. I was hoping you would check this one out. I haven't found much like this online. Do you know much about them? Was there any military significance? They seem pretty rare.

Those GOLD cufflinks look even better up there on the BANNER train. 👍
Amazing find.
Congrats,
MM

Congratulations on the banner, beautiful recovery

Someone had some money that's for sure !!

It's really very beautiful. Congratulations

Anyone hunting colonial sites will eventually get some silver tudor rose linked buttons but to find a complete pair in gold is amazing. Congrats
I hunt sites with quiet a few having Elizabeth 1st and hammered coins and I'm yet to find one :P

(I'm in UK BTW)

What an incredible find!

Congratulations, and all the best,

Lanny

Cool Recovery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back