Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vigilant, trained, armed uniformed guards at all school entrances, all the time. Not on-call guys. Permanent employees.

Simple, but taxpayers won't pay for it. If the schools eliminated the useless "administrators" drawing paychecks in the central offices, or paying a half million a year for a "superintendent," for each one of those you could hire 2 or 3 guards.

What's easier, adding 3 or 4 to each school's payroll, or attempting to do away with tens of millions of sporting firearms, pissing off half of the population? Stop with the gun control, focus on violence control. If the perps can't get in, they can't kill.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well,you can join the Army and be trained to kill people you,ve never even met and in extreme cases be drafted against your will for the same thing when you,re 18. Seems to me there,s something screwed up about that too.If you,re not mature enough to drink alcohol,you,re not mature enough to survive combat without serious mental problems. That said I,d go for the 21 years to buy a gun if the age to join the Military is raised to 21. However,it,d probably be harder to get a bunch of 21 year olds to charge a hill than a bunch of 18 year olds.More mature,less amenable to bullshit. I,m a Marine Corps veteran,been there,joined at 19.
yes you did, and you had the BEST firearms training in the world. What you didn't do at 18 was go into a store, buy a gun and go shoot up a school.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like poor security on the school's part. When my girlfriend used to pick up her granddaughter at her elementary school, she had to make an appointment, call the school when she was at the front entrance and then show her ID at the door. No need for guns to protect the kids if you keep all outside doors locked and actually regulate who can enter the school at all times...

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few certain trained people could have keys or combinations
Still take too long to access and load the weapons.These things take place in seconds,as far as responding goes.If you,re the trained person and see a man stalking the halls with a weapon,you have to respond NOW! By time you retrieve a weapon from a locked cabinet or such,it,s too late. That,s if you are the one with the keys and you don,t need to hunt him or her up. Any person in a locked school with a weapon should be shot,immediately.That requires the personal possession at all time of your weapon.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just using a way to keep guns and out of the children's hands

EVEN a UNLOADED Pistol is better then no pistol. It may scare the aggressor
If you pull it and you don,t intend to use it,it better be made of chocolate. Because they,re gonna make you eat it.Figuratively or literally. Same for unloaded pistols,these dudes ain,t into scared.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes you did, and you had the BEST firearms training in the world. What you didn't do at 18 was go into a store, buy a gun and go shoot up a school.
I,m 70 and I,m still not gonna do that,or any place else.Just not in my genes! I bought my first .22 rifle when I was 10 years old.Different world then.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about where did this kid get the roughly 5 Grand he,d need to buy 2 AR-15s and a boatload of ammo? Any one have any info on that?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Still take too long to access and load the weapons.These things take place in seconds,as far as responding goes.If you,re the trained person and see a man stalking the halls with a weapon,you have to respond NOW! By time you retrieve a eapon from a locked cabinet or such,it,s too late. That,s if you are the one with the keys and you don,t need to hunt him or her up. Any person in a locked school with a weapon should be shot,immediately.That requires the personal possession at all time of your weapon.
the only way arming teachers would work would be old west style... like every western you have ever seen... loaded and on your hip at all times... bad guy show up and you fast draw on him BANG! The truth is there is no defense against a sucker punch and these things, even 9-11, were just that. There are all sorts of devious attacks that you can devise in a free and open society... BECAUSE they are free and open.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like poor security on the school's part. When my girlfriend used to pick up her granddaughter at her elementary school, she had to make an appointment, call the school when she was at the front entrance and then show her ID at the door. No need for guns to protect the kids if you keep all outside doors locked and actually regulate who can enter the school at all times...
My wife is a secretary at our high school,this procedure is in place at all schools in the district,a good one,I agree.But all the doors are glass.Any one wanting to do a mass shooting like this one most likely won,t be stopped by a glass door when they have in their hands the means to breach that door.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you pull it and you don,t intend to use it,it better be made of chocolate. Because they,re gonna make you eat it.Figuratively or literally. Same for unloaded pistols,these dudes ain,t into scared.
My reply was meant in GENERAL such as to scare someone . Not necessarily a shooter. But people in general. If you use a gun and rob someone it is armed robbery if you shoot or not.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My reply was meant in GENERAL such as to scare someone . Not necessarily a shooter. But people in general. If you use a gun and rob someone it is armed robbery if you shoot or not.
OK on the in general but we,re talking specifically school shootings here,by someone intent on killing,not robbing.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
My wife is a secretary at our high school,this procedure is in place at all schools in the district,a good one,I agree.But all the doors are glass.Any one wanting to do a mass shooting like this one most likely won,t be stopped by a glass door when they have in their hands the means to breach that door.
wire glass doors too... deceptively easy to break.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My remark was more at Treasure_Hunters remark "It would be like carrying a pistol for self-defense that is unloaded" Even if a gun is unloaded it could help

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well like I said, me and my former LEO's have been discussing this police response. Hearing a lot of 'By God we would have...' Well guys we probably would have, cause we were young, we all had tactical training, surprisingly for that small community part of the state, and frankly we didn't give a sh*t cause we knew we could eliminate any threat and would come out on top. We always did. After that settled down, with age and experience, we have decided we can't judge the actions of law enforcement on the scene. We weren't there. They will have to live with decisions they made that day, right or wrong. God bless them all for being there.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well like I said, me and my former LEO's have been discussing this police response. Hearing a lot of 'By God we would have...' Well guys we probably would have, cause we were young, we all had tactical training, surprisingly for that small community part of the state, and frankly we didn't give a sh*t cause we knew we could eliminate any threat and would come out on top. We always did. After that settled down, with age and experience, we have decided we can't judge the actions of law enforcement on the scene. We weren't there. They will have to live with decisions they made that day, right or wrong. God bless them all for being there.
Can,t argue with any of that RGINN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread