Old KKK membership coins

Flintfinder

Mar 31, 2008
Troy, Mo
I was going through some old stuff and came upon these. I am not sure where I got them. Does any one know anything about them, like are these common. They are a part of our history, are they of any value? I am not trying to get anyone upset, just seeking info. thanks. John
100_1505.jpg
100_1506.jpg
100_1507.jpg
100_1508.jpg
100_1509.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find out some information about this aluminum KKK coin/token. Time period it was probably made and etc. I've had the coin since 1965.

View attachment 1188755
Roy its always better to start a new thread, this tread is 7 years old...

Upvote 0

RoyRogers

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it is just a coincidence that you have dragged up this old thread today and 200 members of the KKK are holding a rally outside of the SC courthouse from 3-5pm today. BTW: welcome to TNET, I see you just joined in July and are new to posting. Curious choice for first item to ask about. Also, very professionally done photo. Good work on displaying it in such an excellent manner for somebody new to posting. Do you have two coins or just one? The picture shows two coins side by side. You have referred multiple times to it as one coin...odd mistake to make. I would have thought you would have referred to both your coins.

Where ever there is evil in this world there will be good men to stand in defiance of it.

Thanks for the compliments on my photographic skills and displaying the coin. :-) It's one coin with the front & back displayed as one image. I collected the coin in 1965. I was dating a girl who had gone to R.H. Watkins High School in Laurel, MS, and her younger sister was going to an elementary school in Laurel. When the young girl showed me the coin, I just had to have it as a collection piece. And I've had it ever since. The trouble is that I can't find any real info about this coin.

As a side note to some who remember the name. Deavours Nix was being tried in Laurel, MS in late 1967 or 1968. I was working nights at the Pinehurst Hotel in Laurel, and doing my teaching internship in the daytime. I remember meeting Deavours Nix, as he stayed at the hotel a few nights during the trial. I also had his daughter in one of the classes I was teaching/interning in.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling or implying a member is a troll is an insult and violates our rules. End the insults now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread