Not open for further replies.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
The top one in photo ..143 looks like an effigy of a well endowed mermaid.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More natural rocks

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
A link from Natives to the Egyptians?
I think your right on track with the Egyptian route.
I don't think you will find the smooth fine polished stones till you open a tomb, or the chamber where the tomb is located. Have you read any thing on the Bat creek stone?
I have found this staff very well made as a sun sign .
images.jpg

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
If there is a tomb in the area its more than likely going to be up high on the banks of the creek. Rock over hang areas. Shelter area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't talking about your NATURAL rocks, it was the link that RC posted with the REAL ARTIFACTS in it.

If there is a tomb in the area its more than likely going to be up high on the banks of the creek. Rock over hang areas. Shelter area.
Some of the areas are high tide at the streams with all the rain lately and so I'm waiting to return. I have enough to keep me busy, I'm basically a small curator I guess.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find the smooth fine polished stones till you open a tomb, or the chamber where the tomb is located. Have you read any thing on the Bat creek stone?
I have found this staff very well made as a sun sign . View attachment 2095804
That is true polished replicas would be in a tomb. More than likely the pieces I came across were designed on a much smaller level or without a tomb host.
I will read up on the Bat creek stone, Thanks.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found this staff very well made as a sun sign . View attachment 2095804
How come you can CLEARLY see that is something but the stuff you post looks NOTHING like it? Even the earliest of Egyptian pieces are beautifully made!!

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give you that they are not inscribed with those symbols. But i still think he is onto something . I enjoy seeing and ready his studies .
So tell us why you think he's onto something? Something that NONE of us here have seen/read/dreamed of!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give you that they are not inscribed with those symbols. But i still think he is onto something . I enjoy seeing and ready his studies .

On to posting simple rocks?

There has to be some kind of evidence of workmanship or use by man to be an artifact of any kind other than mother nature.

Below was found in Missouri between St Louis and central Missouri in the 1990s.

I spent about 22 years walking the creeks, streams, and rivers as well as fields bordering them, found some very nice pieces.

I took a few of them to the Univ of Missouri archeology dept and was told most likely the creek/stream I was hunting bordered what was a large camp for a long time, since they were found in the creek/stream.

The creek/stream this one came from was about 10 foot to the top of the bank, width 10 to 20 foot wide depending on location and composition of bank and the water was maybe 8 to 15 foot wide at waterline if not flooded, and it was stone bottom.

Heavy rains would cause the bank edges to erode and crumble into the creek. I would walk for miles up and down stream searching. Pulled so many points and other artifacts out of it over 20 years. My best day I found 41 whole points after a heavy rainfall (6") flooded the creek.

I waited 2 days for the water to recede then hunted it all day walking a couple miles up stream and back down a winding stream. There were no houses close at all.

1000002557.jpg

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On to posting simple rocks. There has to be some kind of evidence of workmanship or use by man to be an artifact of any kind other than mother nature.

Below was found in Missouri between St Louis and central Missouri in the 1990s.

I spent about 22 years walking the creeks, streams, and rivers as well as fields bordering them, found some very nice pieces.

I took a few of them to the Univ of Missouri archeology dept and was told most likely the creek/stream I was hunting bordered what was a large camp for a long time, since they were found in the creek/stream.

The creek/stream this one came from was about 10 foot to the top of the bank, width 10 to 20 foot wide depending on location and composition of bank and the water was maybe 8 to 15 foot wide at waterline if not flooded, and it was stone bottom.

Heavy rains would cause the bank edges to erode and crumble into the creek. I would walk for miles up and down stream searching. Pulled so many points and other artifacts out of it over 20 years. My best day I found 41 whole points after a heavy rainfall (6") flooded the creek.

I waited 2 days for the water to recede then hunted it all day walking a couple miles up stream and back down a winding stream. There were no houses close at all.

View attachment 2096097
That you can CLEARLY see was made by man, NOT A NATURAL ROCK!!!! And a very nice one at that TH!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That you can CLEARLY see was made by man, NOT A NATURAL ROCK!!!! And a very nice one at that TH!!!!
Yes, the drill holes are very telling, drilled from both sides, and still have the staining from the water.

I wish I knew what the tally marks meant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread