Hello - Im new here

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Hello - I'm new here

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bart. I grew up on the Eastern Shore (East New Market). I now live in Baltimore. I go to grad school full-time and work part-time as a pharmacist. I'm looking at getting back into metal detecting. I'm an avid hunter and have came across quite a few areas that I would like to MD. I also used to be an avid coin, rock, indian artifact, and bottle collector when I was younger. I used to MD, but never found anything good. I'm going to get a new meter in the next couple of months. I already have a list of about 20 places that I would like to hunt. Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated (especially related to detector choice for Maryland).

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hello - I'm new here

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to T-net! As far as advice goes, I'd say stick to the major brands and read all the reviews. Good luck and get out there!

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1

Hey Bart!! So glad you're here!
I like your name too!!! :thumbsup:
My oldest is a Bart, actually it's Barton! He's # 4 in his lineage.
Happy Hunting, and be sure to post lots of pics! :tongue3:
Maggie

Read the old posts, they can answer probably any questions you'll ever have!

TOWcritter

Welcome aboard the board! :icon_thumright: Guys and Gals....I think he was asking for locations to detect! Just kidding...If you live in Baltimore, go down 1 thread and ask a couple of the Patterson Park guys. They are getting quite a group together it looks like. Safety in numbers. :wav:
My 2c. :director: is take a drive out to the suburbs and look around. If you see something that catches your eye, stop and ask if you can detect it! You would be surprised at how many people will say YES! We are a novelty to them pretty much and if you explain it in plain old Engrish most of them are really nice. Heck , I even offer to give them everything and most of them just say no that they will just watch. Have fun. You CERTAINLY came to the right place. There is something for everyone here. Nicest group on the Web. :3some:

OP
OP
B

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250

Thanks for the kind replies guys and gals. This site is truely an awesome resource. I ordered an Ace 250 and it should be here on Tue. I've made a list of places to check out and have 20+ locations (most on Eastern Shore) so far. I had thought of Patterson Park before. Be real careful over there. I had some kids try and hassle me and my wife when we were playing tennis over there last spring. There is always a lot of people around so you should be okay over there. I just got to find time between hunting/fishing and MD now. On a side note, went down to Calvert Cliffs yesterday and found only 1 sharks tooth.

alexndad

Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Starting out with Radio Shack

Welcome....We were at Calvert County last week......where did you hit the beach? although we didn't find any monster teeth, we might be able to help.......?

OP
OP
B

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250

We followed the red trail down to the beach (State Park) and worked both sides of it. I went in the water a little bit, but it sure was cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread