Civilman1 Needs Your Prayers

M

MiniMe

Hello all,
I am so sorry to inform you that Civilman1 has come across some pretty serious medical problems. He hasn't been feeling well for about a week from what he told me. We were talking Tuesday night and all the sudden he said he didn't feel good, but said he was okay. We got up Wednesday morning and said he felt better but not great, had tingly/numb on the right side of his face, arm and leg, but was better. I called him early at work and he said he still didn't feel good, so I told him I was coming to pick him up and taking him to the hospital - he didn't have a choice!

We were there 7 hours and all he kept saying during that time is, I'm leaving here by 4:00, they've got until 4:00 or I'm leaving. I cracked up, because I knew what he was thinking....he wanted to go metal detecting at a house that he had just gotten permission to hunt and kidding around I said - you'd die for that treasure wouldn't you....he just got this big smile on his face.. ;D..and we just started cracking up, because he knew I figured out what he was trying to do - get out and Hunt - I gotta love him.

Well they informed us that the CAT Scan, blood work, and chest xray they had done, didn't show anything, but they wanted to keep him over night to run more tests and monitor his blood pressure because it was very his and because his face, arm & leg were still numb. Of course my loving, wonderful, stubborn husband said he wasn't going to stay. The doctor told him they could run all tests in one day and after both of us talking to him for a little while, he gave in and said he'd stay. I knew exactly what he was thinking... :icon_scratch:..figured he'd be out of the hospital Friday and still be able to Hunt the weekend... :)...

Today after and Ecocardiogram, MRI and the test on the carotid artery's we were informed that Civilman1 has suffered a mild stroke. The test of his carotid arteries had not been read as of this evening, but the MRI shows a stroke and indicates that there is a blockage in that area.

He hasn't been able to rest since he's been in there....thanks to the wonderful man (God Bless Him) that was in the room with him that snored like an elephant all last night. :D Worst I've ever heard.....I think we'll both have nightmares over that experience. I talked to the nurses this evening and they agreed to give him a private room, so he is much more relaxed now and can rest, but still not feeling very well.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, he's everything to lilman and I and we are praying he makes it through this okay and can come home real soon.

Minime

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prayed for him and will try to remember to keep him covered with prayer. I truly hope everything turns out ok. I hope that God blesses and heals your husband and family.

john

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Mini,

I am so very sorry to hear this.
May the Lord hold you all in the palm of His hand.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Very sorry to hear this news.
Thoughts and prayers sent for a speedy recovery from Michigan.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You know that you are in my prayers without question. Hope everything turns out for Civilman and for your family.I know you guys have been through alot this year with the moving and Civil's dad ....you deserve some Blessings .

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MiniMe, I'm sending prayers your way for civil and your family. Praying for a full recovery so he can go diggin' soon.

Take care of yourself, MiniMe...so you can take good care of him. :icon_sunny:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Absolutely will be praying for you guys! Praying for a speedy recovery so he can go find that treasure that lights up his eyes! Praying for you as well!

Attachments

• get_well_soon_graphics_14.gif
    get_well_soon_graphics_14.gif
    120.6 KB · Views: 227
  • prayersenvelope.gif
    prayersenvelope.gif
    76.2 KB · Views: 242
  • prayersenvelope.gif
    prayersenvelope.gif
    76.2 KB · Views: 238
  • get_well_soon_graphics_14.gif
    get_well_soon_graphics_14.gif
    120.6 KB · Views: 350

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayer13.gif

getwellmouse2.gif

Attachments

• Prayer13.gif
    Prayer13.gif
    97.8 KB · Views: 310
  • getwellmouse2.gif
    getwellmouse2.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 196

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think he will be ok, strokes can be just a wake up call. prayers for yuz guys.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are both in my prayers to go home soon and for a speedy recovery with no lasting side effects!

Attachments

• 53.gif
    53.gif
    88.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 53.gif
    53.gif
    88.2 KB · Views: 232
OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Thank you all for your prayers. Civilman1 got out of the hospital Saturday and is doing okay. Treating everything with medication at this time. They told him to continue to do the activities he normally does, no restrictions, but to quit smoking. (he was out swinging the day he got out of the hospital ::)) Hopefully he'll listen and take his medication like he's supposed to. It wasn't only a wake up call for him, me too. I've got to quit smoking myself maybe with both of us quiting together, we can help each other. Thanks again for all your prayers.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great news prayers still commin and also for you to be able to stop smoking, I quite the first day of spring will be 6 years ago! 5 for our daughter and her husband this month they did it togeather and did not kill each other LOL! Be strong it is worth it and saves a bunch of money! GOOD LUCK!

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got to quit smoking myself maybe with both of us quiting together, we can help each other.
Or really get on each others nerves ;D
when I quit about 10 years ago for the 4th time, I have it on good authority that I was no fun to be around... Good luck and stick with it. Stay positive and don't give up. I am happy to hear Civilman1 is back home. That is some of the best therapy. May God bless ya'll.

john

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
MiniMe said:
Hello all,
I am so sorry to inform you that Civilman1 has come across some pretty serious medical problems. He hasn't been feeling well for about a week from what he told me. We were talking Tuesday night and all the sudden he said he didn't feel good, but said he was okay. We got up Wednesday morning and said he felt better but not great, had tingly/numb on the right side of his face, arm and leg, but was better. I called him early at work and he said he still didn't feel good, so I told him I was coming to pick him up and taking him to the hospital - he didn't have a choice!

We were there 7 hours and all he kept saying during that time is, I'm leaving here by 4:00, they've got until 4:00 or I'm leaving. I cracked up, because I knew what he was thinking....he wanted to go metal detecting at a house that he had just gotten permission to hunt and kidding around I said - you'd die for that treasure wouldn't you....he just got this big smile on his face.. ;D..and we just started cracking up, because he knew I figured out what he was trying to do - get out and Hunt - I gotta love him.

Well they informed us that the CAT Scan, blood work, and chest xray they had done, didn't show anything, but they wanted to keep him over night to run more tests and monitor his blood pressure because it was very his and because his face, arm & leg were still numb. Of course my loving, wonderful, stubborn husband said he wasn't going to stay. The doctor told him they could run all tests in one day and after both of us talking to him for a little while, he gave in and said he'd stay. I knew exactly what he was thinking... :icon_scratch:..figured he'd be out of the hospital Friday and still be able to Hunt the weekend... :)...

Today after and Ecocardiogram, MRI and the test on the carotid artery's we were informed that Civilman1 has suffered a mild stroke. The test of his carotid arteries had not been read as of this evening, but the MRI shows a stroke and indicates that there is a blockage in that area.

He hasn't been able to rest since he's been in there....thanks to the wonderful man (God Bless Him) that was in the room with him that snored like an elephant all last night. :D Worst I've ever heard.....I think we'll both have nightmares over that experience. I talked to the nurses this evening and they agreed to give him a private room, so he is much more relaxed now and can rest, but still not feeling very well.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, he's everything to lilman and I and we are praying he makes it through this okay and can come home real soon.

Minime

we are praying for you all

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like me you're tallking about. I had some chest pain and my wife insisted I go to the hospital. I had big plans for the weekend and it took here a while to talk me into it. But I reluctantly went and after a couple of hours I was told I had had a mild heart attack and I had an artery 95% blocked. If I had not gone in I would have had the big one within just hours! So, listen to the doctors and stay as long as you need to. I hate hospitals too, but it saved my life once or more times probably. Get well soon! Monty

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you all doing today hope alot better, just wanted to let you know prayers still yours!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread